[call] Questionnaire "Urban Media" - please take a second to answer

Mirjam Struppek struppek at interactionfield.de
Tue Apr 12 11:46:58 CEST 2005

Dear listmembers!
What connotations arise the term "Urban Media" for you?

A search in Googel for the term "Urban Media" reveals a clear tendency?
The first 10 links are described for example as the following: (see below)

"Sarai" and "photographs of Melbourne graffiti" seem to be really mavericks.
Where is the "urban", that receives a connection with the media in these
companies decorating themselves with this term? Does "media" in connection
with "urban" have to be associated especially with webdesign or outdoor
advertisement? This inspired me to do this little questionnaire which I
would like to publish on my website quasi as counteroffensive. A first
attempt to broaden the prevalent image of "urban media" with my aim to step
by step achieve a redefinition.

Therefore: What do you associate with the term "Urban Media"?

Please simply reply to this e-mail with a short statement of yours about
"Urban Media".

Thank you for your effort.

With kind wishes,
Mirjam

Googlesearch "Urban Media":
__________________________________

1. Company focused on African American and urban-themed entertainment.
Includes films, discussions, links and contacts.

2. Offers web design, marketing and promotion, hosting, database design,
technical support and related services.

3. Sarai The New Media Initiative Delhi India. ... A space for research,
practice and conversation about the contemporary media and urban
constellations.

4. Atlanta Urban Mediamakers Association focusing on animation, film,
television and video.

5. ... Copyright © 2005 CitySites Urban Media. All rights reserved. Site
design by iconduet. :: Home :: About Us :: Endorsements :: Broadcasts ::
Partners

6. Urban Media, 164 West Wycombe Road, High Wycombe, HP12 3AE, United
Kingdom, ... Urban Media are the exclusive web designers for
www.uk-trucking.net, ...

7. Urban Media manages monumental advertising. We rent locations and manage
everything from the permits to the production of the giant billboards..

8. Pressemeldungen. Fotoservice. Österreichischer Plakatpreis 2004. Archiv.
Großer Österreichischer Plakatpreis in Platin McDonald's - Baby ...

9. Presents photographs of Melbourne graffiti from the early 80's to the
present day.,...

10. Welcome urbanmediadesign offers web consulting, design and development
for small businesses, entrepreneurs and non-profit organizations. ...

Mirjam Struppek
Urban||ReseARTch
http://www.interactionfield.de

Urban Space, Public Sphere and the New Media

Rheinsberger Str. 68
D-10115 Berlin
Mobile: +49 (0) 179 5873337
Phone: +49 (0)30  26325102