Call for proposals

Scan Your Skin info at scan-skin.org
Mon Apr 4 23:52:04 CEST 2005

Scan your Skin. A research project exploring a simple but thorny subject: our skin.  We would like to put together a group of people who
can contribute to the p= roject with high-quality creative input.

Please read below a short description of this initiative. I'd be glad
if yo= u could join us. Please let me know if you'd like to
participate in this ad= venture with your work and interpretation of
the project theme

Feel free to distribute this message to other people whom you think may
fin= d it interesting and relevant. Thank you for your time and
attention.

Best wishes, Lionello Borean

SyS > Scan your Skin Book, web site and offline project

Call for ideas and proposals

 Our skin is our vulnerable shell. It protects us and characterizes
each one= of us as an individual. Besides its physical attributes,
our skin conveys = differences between people; it takes on ancestral,
historical, cultural and= political implications. As time flows on,
it !
 carves more signs and meaning= s on our skin.

SyS wants to explore this territory from different points of view.
Creative= personalities will suggest artistic interpretations of the
project message= , thus offering their own reading of the human skin.
Photography, graphic a= rts, the written word; a bold, abstract
approach or a sober and realistic o= ne - each contribution will be a
key component of this multifaceted jigsaw = puzzle. The goal is to
build a well-structured picture of human skin as a c= oncept/research
object. The final work will be published in a book and dist= ributed
to selected retailers all over the world.

Artists, writers, designers and cultural producers: we are calling you!
Sen= d us your work! (Format: 1 to max. 8 pages; approx. size:
17x24 cm./6.70x9.= 45 in.). It can be anything from a photo
or photo series/sequence, to graph= ic work, a story, an article or a
poem.  As the book will include a DVD, please feel free to !
 send us
also multim= edia content (sounds, animations, movies, etc.)
.
(deadline: March 31, 2005).  Extended! New deadline: May
31= , 2005

We plan to organize a number of offline happenings and events to
support an= d promote the book, and to link it to an ad-hoc web site:
the "Scan your Sk= in" online project is under construction right now
(check it out on www.scan-skin.org, coming soon.)