___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 197___

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Sep 24 03:35:49 CEST 2004

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____9_24_2004_Fri_vol.197_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Redesigning Tokyo
Vol. 2: Baba Masataka (R-project)

(2) Event Pick of the Week
Hasta Siempre -- The Road to Che Guevara
by Taguchi Hiroyuki

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 30 events
including 6 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Redesigning Tokyo

Vol. 2: Baba Masataka (R-project)

The actual "Tokyo Keikaku" was designed in 1960, when Kisho
Kurokawa and other leading contemporary Japanese architects
around grand maestro and central player in the planning game,
Tange Kenzo, still belonged to the young generation. The concept
under a "let's all rebuild Japan" kind of slogan was to metabolize
metropolitan Tokyo by erecting huge buildings on earth fillings in
Tokyo Bay. Now, 40 years later, the renovation process seems to be
completed, and I thought that now it's the turn of our generation
of town planners to see what we can do. The R-Project is our
platform for this.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/redesign/002_1.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Hasta Siempre -- The Road to Che Guevara

Commemorating the start of the movie "The Motorcycle Diaries",
a handful of artists gather for a precious lesson on the
consumeristic fuss about "pop icon" Che Guevara, a figure young
people today probably know only as a face on hip T-shirts. It
will however be an entertaining affair, which mainly two facts
guarantee: the party takes place at a Cuban cafe, and RT
contributor Fujikawa Papa-Q participates as DJ. Live music
performances round off this exciting event I warmly recommend.
--Taguchi Hiroyuki

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?0,487

Next week on RT:

- Out of Tokyo
- Tokyo Editors' Diary

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2004 REALTOKYO