___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 196___

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Sep 17 03:36:50 CEST 2004

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____9_17_2004_Fri_vol.196_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Out of Tokyo Vol. 096
The Advent of Oldies Bars
by Ozaki Tetsuya

(2) Event Pick of the Week
CET04: Central East Tokyo 2004
by Murata Yuko

(3) Presents
Cream Lemon original pamphlets

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 31 events
including 6 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Out Of Tokyo

Vol. 096: The Advent of Oldies Bars
by Ozaki Tetsuya

We closed our interview trip to Korea for ART iT magazine's
upcoming Korea special with a pub tour all over Seoul the last
night. From a bar in Hongdae, where all kinds of creative people
from the artsy neighborhood like to gather, we went to a shop
specializing in makkoli (Korean liquor), and two more places
after that. The bar in Daehang-no that sports an interior design
by artist Choi Jeong Hwa was interesting, but the highlight was
definitely the very last place near Myung-dong our coordinator
Song Shin-hae dragged us to (thank you for that, Ms. Song!).

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki96.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

CET04: Central East Tokyo 2004

Renamed "Central East Tokyo (CET)", this fall again the spectacle
formerly known as "Tokyo Designers Block -- Central East (TDB-CE)"
invades the east of Tokyo, turning various vacant buildings and
rooms across the area into venues of exhibitions and events. On
the program next to displays of works submitted by creators from
the general public are a "Vision Quest" special exhibition, a
party hosted by "SAL magazine", a symposium on the theme
"Re-mapping Tokyo", and a number of other attractions. Asked
about his vision, main producer Sato Naoki flatly responded "none,
zero", and as a project that keeps itself doors into all
directions open, CET will be a name to watch out for also in the
coming years.
--Murata Yuko

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?6,404

(3) Presents

Today is the last chance to apply for one of the original "Cream
Lemon" pamphlets we give away to 20 readers!

To apply and for more info see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- Redesigning Tokyo
- Tokyo Editors' Diary

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2004 REALTOKYO