Ivo Skoric ivo at reporters.net
Thu Sep 16 04:39:16 CEST 2004

Kofi Annan - covering his behind, in case Bush loses elections - now
changed his story on Iraq calling American occupation illegal. He
probably figured out that given Bush's team general hatred of UN, he
would be better off joining the other team.
An Afghan court sentenced 2 Americans to 10 years in Afghan jail for
torturing Afghans. That'll definitely send a message to those who
think they are immune from prosecution.
Martha Stewart wants to go to prison during election period, so that
she doesn't get blamed for that too. Meanwhile, instead of her, we
may watch jello-wrestling between the widows of September 11 victims.
Every day another group comes out to offer their support to another
candidate. Their political qualification to do so: they lost a loved
one in the tragedy that set off the US on the global war path.
Those inclined to logic rather than to emotion and intuition, they
are offered the Killians memos mistery. Everything to avoid talking
about the real issues. The candidates will talk rather about Vietnam
and what they did or did not do then, ad nauseam. So, we have bunch
of papers out saying that Bush was an awful guardsmen. The story goes
that the memos are forgeries, but that their content is trutful. This
looks like a good episode of X-files. Tom De-lay would like to have
CBS executives hanged for sedition (publishing forgeries that
undermine President's authority in the time of war!). Maybe he should
go lead the majority faction in Belarus parliament.
The game is already so exhaustingly disgusting that I simply do not
see the reason why people would not just vote for any other candidate
but those on the two major parties tickets.
ivo