[Crónica] mail 021

Cronica list at cronicaelectronica.org
Tue Sep 14 19:06:59 CEST 2004

| CRÓNICA MAIL 021                                  |
| 14.09.2004                                        |
| http://www.cronicaelectronica.org                 |

01 - A Rose is a Rose
02 - Upcoming Releases
03 - Upcoming Performances

(versão portuguesa abaixo)

| A ROSE IS A ROSE                                  |

A rose is a rose, the new Vitor Joaquim release on Pure's dOc recordings is now available. The Austrian label excellent catalogue is now embellished with a magnificent rose by one of Crónica's dearest artists. Both, labels and artist, are to congratulate.

+ http://doc.test.at
+ http://joaquim.emf.org

| UPCOMING RELEASES                                 |

tilia
vous rêvez/vous ne rêvez pas
Crónica 015~2004
--
vous rêvez/vous ne rêvez pas, Crónica 015~2004, is Alexander Peterhaensel's tilia debut on Crónica. The electronic multi channel piece written by the Munich artist was performed in cooperation with the "who_loves2dance.company" at the "London Resolution Dance Festival" in early 2003. Richly crafted out of remarkably beautiful piano loops, humming voices and elegant beats, this 30 minute stereo mixdown comes also as a full video version.

Autodigest
A Compressed History of Everything Ever Recorded, Vol. 2
Ubiquitous Eternal Live
Crónica 016~2004 / Ash International 6.1
--
This is your Captain speaking: light-'em up 'coz we're going down, Autodigest second hit is arriving in the shape of A Compressed History of Everything Ever Recorded Vol. 2, Ubiquitous Eternal Live, in his own words: Everywhere Forever Now. Don't forget to press "Repeat" before "Play" ...  we're not going to spoil the surprise for you.

| UPCOMING PERFORMANCES                             |

17.09
@c+Lia
@ Hi-TeCA, TeCA, Porto.pt
_
@c+Lia play at Hi-Teca Intermedia Art Festival. The event is to take place at the TeCA Theatre (Porto/Portugal) and the complete festival program is as follows:

15.09, wed: Spektrum
17.09, fry: @c/Lia; Burnt Friedmann/Jaki Liebezeit feat Josef Suchy; DJ Luís Espinheira; Farben aka Jan Jelinek [live act]; Muesli Colectivo
18.09, sat: Philip Jeck; Fennesz feat. Jon Wozencroft [live visuals]; DJ Ina Soda & Sim.on; Akufen [live act]
19.09, sun: Parasita Acumulador #2; Elliott Sharp/Janene Higgins

17.09
o.blaat
@ Ryuichi Sakamoto's CD launch party, Soho Grand Hotel (upper level lounge, 19:30), New York.us
_
White Label, Soho Grand & PASSIONATE/GenNet, present a Special Event Celebrating White Label's 4-Year Anniversary with a Special Live Electronic Performance by the legendary Ryuichi Sakamoto who is releasing is new album, "Chasm". Live laptop sets (solos, duos, and a trio) by Christina Wheeler, o.blaat, and Ryuichi Sakamoto.

30.09
PURE
@ Fine Arts Faculty, University of Porto, Porto.pt

EME Festival
1,2,3 October
@ Igreja Santiago do Castelo, Palmela.pt
_
Music of today in a 1470 space. EME 2004 is an Experimental Music Event put together by Vitor Joaquim at a XV century church in Palmela, Setúbal, Portugal. The fourth edition of the festival presents an hybrid program comprising music performances and installations. This is the festival program:

01.10
Pollex [João Hora, Ricardo Sousa, Pedro Gomes], PT
Pure, AT

02.10
André Gonçalves [aka ok.Suitcase], PT
tiny Little Elements [Sebastian, Lia] -SoS, DE/AT

03.10
Pedro Carneiro, Vitor Joaquim and Ivan Franco, PT

+ http://joaquim.emf.org/EME/EME2004.htm

| + EVENTS                                          |

As always, for more information on Crónica's releases and events, just point to http://www.cronicaelectronica.org

| CRÓNICA MAIL 021                                  |
| 14.09.2004                                        |
| http://www.cronicaelectronica.org                 |

01 - A Rose is a Rose
02 - Próximos lançamentos
03 - Próximos eventos

(english version above)

| A ROSE IS A ROSE                                  |

A rose is a rose, o novo disco de Vitor Joaquim, acaba de ser lançado pela dOc recordings. Vitor Joaquim, artista que a Crónica tem o prazer de editar, vem desta forma juntar-se ao magnífico catálogo da etiqueta dirigida pelo músico austríaco Pure, ao lado de nomes como Siewert, Brandlmayer, Nemeth, Jasch e Dafeledecker.

+ http://doc.test.at
+ http://joaquim.emf.org

| PRÓXIMOS LANÇAMENTOS                              |

tilia
vous rêvez/vous ne rêvez pas
Crónica 015~2004
--
vous rêvez/vous ne rêvez pas, Crónica 015~2004, é a estreia do projecto tilia, de Alexander Peterhaensel, na Crónica. Originalmente uma peça multi-canal, foi apresentada em cooperação com a "who_loves2dance.company" no London Resolution Dance Festival em 2003. Uma cuidadosa elaboração a partir de belíssimos loops de piano, vozes sussurradas e batidas elegantes, esta peça de 30 minutos vem acompanhada de uma versão integral em suporte vídeo.

Autodigest
A Compressed History of Everything Ever Recorded, Vol. 2
Ubiquitous Eternal Live
Crónica 016~2004 / Ash International 6.1
--
Ubiquitous Eternal Live é o segundo volume da saga A Compressed History of Everything Ever Recorded de Autodigest. A ubiquidade eterna apresenta-se-nos, agora, ao vivo e sob a forma de catarse colectiva. "Repeat", "Play" ... de maneira alguma iríamos estragar-lhe a surpresa.

| PRÓXIMOS EVENTOS                                  |

17.09
@c+Lia
@ Hi-TeCA, TeCA, Porto.pt
_
@c+Lia, concerto no Festival de arte Intermedia - Hi-Teca. O evento decorrerá no Porto de 15 a 19 de Setembro. O programa dos espectáculos, todos a realizar no Teatro-Estúdio Carlos Alberto, é o seguinte:

15.09, qua: Spektrum
17.09, sex: @c/Lia; Burnt Friedmann/Jaki Liebezeit feat Josef Suchy; DJ Luís Espinheira; Farben aka Jan Jelinek [live act]; Muesli Colectivo
18.09, sab: Philip Jeck; Fennesz feat Jon Wozencroft [live visuals]; DJ Ina Soda & Sim.on; Akufen [live act]
19.09, dom: Parasita Acumulador #2; Elliott Sharp/Janene Higgins

17.09
o.blaat
@ Ryuichi Sakamoto's CD launch party, Soho Grand Hotel (upper level lounge, 19:30), New York.us
_
A White Label, Soho Grand & PASSIONATE/GenNet, apresenta, num evento especial para celebrar o quarto aniversário da White Label, um live act do lendário Ryuichi Sakamoto pela ocasião do lançamento do seu último album, "Chasm". Live laptop sets (solos, duos e um trio) de Christina Wheeler, o.blaat e Ryuichi Sakamoto.

30.09
PURE
@ FBAUP, Porto.pt

EME Festival
1, 2 e 3 Outubro
@ Igreja Santiago do Castelo, Palmela.pt
_
Música de hoje num espaço de 1470 é o lema do EME 2004, os Encontros de Música Experimental organizados por Vitor Joaquim na Igreja de Santiago do Castelo em Palmela. A quarta edição do festival apresenta um programa híbrido, incluindo concertos e instalações de Catarina Campino, Graciete Claro, Ivan Franco e Vitor Joaquim ocupando diversos espaços contíguos à sala de concertos. Programa  de concertos:

01.10
Pollex [João Hora, Ricardo Sousa, Pedro Gomes], PT
Pure, AT

02.10
André Gonçalves [aka ok.Suitcase], PT
tiny Little Elements [Sebastian, Lia] -SoS, DE/AT

03.10
Pedro Carneiro, Vitor Joaquim e Ivan Franco, PT

+ http://joaquim.emf.org/EME/EME2004.htm

| + INFORMAÇÃO                                      |

Como sempre, para obter informação actualizada acerca das edições e eventos promovidos pela Crónica, basta apontar para http://www.cronicaelectronica.org

| DISCLAIMER @                                      |
| always in the end!                                |

this mail is NOT SPAM. it was either sent to you because you subscribed to receive it or, due to unexplainable phenomena your address ended up being added to this list. if it stays here, mail will be sent to you every now and then, updating news and interesting information about Crónica and www.cronicaelectronica.org

| http://www.cronicaelectronica.org                 |