R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 194, 195___ Info

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Sun Sep 12 14:47:21 CEST 2004

1. From: Info <info at realtokyo.co.jp>
Subject: ___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 194___
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 10:41:53 +0900

R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE
_____9_3_2004_Fri_vol.194_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Out of Tokyo Vol. 095
Memorial Art
by Ozaki Tetsuya

(2) Event Pick of the Week
Tanaka Min: Smiles in the Forest
by Taguchi Hiroyuki

(3) Presents
Russ Meyer, Cream Lemon

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 38 events
including 11 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Out Of Tokyo

Vol. 095: Memorial Art
by Ozaki Tetsuya

For "ART iT" magazine's upcoming Korean special, I recently
visited Busan, Seoul and Gwangju. At the Busan Biennale, the
section for contemporary art opened on 8/21, and I seized the
occasion to attend the opening ceremony. The Gwangju Biennale
kicks off on September 9, and since that's too late for our
deadline I had to swallow my tears and return to Japan without
an on-the-spot report.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki95.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Tanaka Min: Smiles in the Forest

REALTOKYO art director Kosaka Jun shows his works in a solo
exhibition. Coming originally from architecture, his regular
vocation is -- very much like a contemporary creator -- graphic
and web design, showcased at this exhibition in a variety of
two- and three-dimensional, as well as interactive and other
pieces. Kosaka's radical ideas work out surprisingly well in his
works considering the rational and logical structures that first
seem conflicting with the artist's overabundant imagination,
almost bordering on vagary. Spiced up with references that hint
at an awareness of actuality, the works on display come across
disquieting and complex, yet dipped in an ironical type of humor
that gives them at once a strangely comforting effect. Kosaka
appears also in a talk show.
--Taguchi Hiroyuki

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?3,1164

(3) Presents

Ten tickets for the "Russ Meyer Complete Film Festival" (for
ladies!), and original pamphlets of the movie "Cream Lemon" for
20 RT readers.
Deadline for Russ Meyer is today!

To apply and for more info see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Initiators' Diary
- Presents

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2004 REALTOKYO

2. R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE
_____9_3_2004_Fri_vol.194_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

C O R R E C T I O N

Mail magazine vol. 194 was mistakenly sent out with a wrong
text for the "Event Pick of the Week" (Kosaka Jun: "Dot"
instead of Tanaka Min: "Smiles in the Forest")
We apologize for this inconvenience!
Please find below the correct "Event Pick of the Week".
The editor

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

[...]

Approaching his 60th birthday, dancer/choreographer Tanaka Min
demonstrates with another huge project that he knows no weakening.
His idea this time is to transform the forest of Inokashira Park
into a fantastic nocturnal scenery. To realize this, he has
invited dancers from all around the world to his 1-month training
camp, from which he selected a team of performers to appear in
this event. Launched last year, the project focusing on forests
in Tokyo is still in its infancy, hence promises a still fresh,
new approach. Check also our Present page for free tickets, and
be quick with your application, as the deadline is September 1!