Ivo Skoric 1-8

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Sun Sep 12 14:30:14 CEST 2004

1. From: "Ivo Skoric" <ivo at reporters.net>
Subject: Appeal to Release the Italian and Iraqi Aid Workers Abducted
Thu, 09 Sep 2004 10:50:25 -0400

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/09/international/middleeast/09iraq.html
?th
Is it true that the very same day the U.S. did another of their
"precision" attacks, which, again, was not that precise and killed
some children and innocent bystanders? Yes. But why would you leave
to the occupier that satisfaction that you are just as bad as he is?
The occupiers will have the upper hand as long as their opposers are
just a disorganized bunch of criminal elements without a clear vision
of the future, whose actions are random, impulsive, and counter-
productive to the cause they wow they wish to achieve. The kidnapping
of two Italian and two Iraqi women peace activists was a cowardly
act, that best served only the occupator, providing plenty of reason
to label the Iraqi resistance as plain criminals devoid of political
goals, who'd kidnap just any foreigner for ransom. And this came just
as the wave of commentaries in the Arab media, grossed out with
Russia's September 11 in Beslan, went forward to condemn the
kidnapping of Islam by angry men in the name of general mayhem.
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/09/international/middleeast/09arabiya.h
tml?th
ivo

2. "Ivo Skoric" <ivo at reporters.net>
Subject: NYCLU seeks RNC Police Complaints
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 13:13:37 -0400

The New York Civil Liberties Union has received a number of
complaints of police misconduct during the Republican National
Convention, including

--the arrest of law-abiding protestors, bystanders and the
press/indy media
--the dangerous conditions at Pier 57,
--excessive delays in processing arrests, and
--the targeting of street medics, journalists, and legal
observers.
--dangerous and /or abusive police tactics like riding scooters
into crowds of demonstrators

Please reply to this special email address RNCNYCLU at AOL.com or use
the form below to file a complaint with the NYCLU know about problems
you experienced or observed at the RNC demonstrations. The intake
form is also available at nyclu.org and through our office 212-344-
3005

Please include as much relevant detail as possible: time, location,
witnesses, badge numbers and a description of what happened.

The information you provide will help the NYCLU and other legal
organizations document the policies and practices of the NYPD that
interfere with lawful protest and develop effective strategies for
for needed reforms.

Please indicate whether you wish your report to be kept confidential.
Thank you,

Donna Lieberman
Executive Director
NYCLU
125 Broad St.
NY NY 10004
212-344-3005

NYCLU RNC COMPLAINT FORM
Basic Info
Name
Address:
Phone#s:
Email:
Date, Time and Location of Incident:
Describe your interaction with law enforcement (including NYPD, FBI,
Port Authority police etc.)
Were you at a demonstration? What demonstration?
Were you barricaded in?
Name of officer?
Rank?
Badge #?
Precinct/Command?
Physical Description?
Uniform or plainclothes?
Any force used? Flexcuffs?
What types of questions were you asked?
Did the officer ask to search you or your bag?
Where was the search conducted?
If you refused a search, what happened?
Was anything found? (e.g. Weapons, anything that could be construed
as a weapon, drugs, graffiti materials)
Why do you think law enforcement stopped and/or arrested you?
Do you think you were stopped based on your affiliation or
association with a particular group/view/or your appearance? Did the
officer say or do anything specifically to make you believe this?
Witnesses? Please provide names and contact information if possible.
Were you arrested?
If so, where were you taken?
If you were taken to Pier 57
Time of Transport to Pier 57
(City bus, paddywagon?):
Pier 57 Information
Time of Arrival at Pier 57___________________
Conditions at Pier 57:
How many in your pen?
Allowed to go to bathroom?
Condition of floor in pen?
Did you need any medical attention?
Any physical manifestations?
Infection
Rash
Respiratory symptoms
Anything else?
Did you see a doctor? If so, who, when?
Time of transport to Central Booking (Center Street or œTombs?)
Time of release
Total hours in system
Did you receive a Desk Appearance Ticket? Appearance
Date on DAT
What were charges against you? (Refer to NLG for defense)
Will you sign release allowing us to access medical records?
Will you speak to the press about this incident?
Did you file a CCRB complaint? ( If not, do you wish to do so? )
Anything else you™d like to add?