Flying Blind

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Sat Oct 23 09:27:46 CEST 2004

Flying Blind

You are standing at the end of a road before a small
brick building.  Around you is a forest. A small
stream flows out of the building and down a gully. You
are in a valley in the forest beside a stream tumbling
along a rocky bed. You are wandering aimlessly through
the forest. You are wandering aimlessly through the
forest. You are wandering aimlessly through the
forest. You are wandering aimlessly through the
forest. You are wandering aimlessly through the
forest. You are wandering aimlessly through the
forest. You are wandering aimlessly through the
forest. You are wandering aimlessly through the
forest. You are wandering aimlessly through the
forest. You are wandering aimlessly through the
forest. Watch it! Sorry, I don't know the word "KISS".
Sorry, I don't know the word "WOMAN". Please stick to
1- and 2-word commands. Sorry, I don't know the word
"WOMAN". Watch it! Sorry, I don't know the word
"KISS". Sorry, I don't know the word "WOMAN". Please
stick to 1- and 2-word commands. Sorry, I don't know
the word "WOMAN". Sorry, I don't know the word "WHO".
You are wandering aimlessly through the forest. You
are wandering aimlessly through the forest. You are
wandering aimlessly through the forest. You are
wandering aimlessly through the forest. You are
wandering aimlessly through the forest. The road,
which approaches from the east, ends here amid the
trees. You are wandering aimlessly through the forest.
Would you like to be shown out of the forest? OK
Sorry, I don't know the word "SUCK". Please stick to
1- and 2-word commands. You're at end of road. You are
wandering aimlessly through the forest. You are
wandering aimlessly through the forest. Your keen eye
spots a severed leporine appendage lying on the
ground. You are wandering aimlessly through the
forest. You are wandering aimlessly through the
forest. You are wandering aimlessly through the
forest. Do you really want to quit now? OK

You scored 32 out of a possible 430, using 35
turns. You are obviously a rank amateur.  Better
luck next time. To achieve the next higher rating,
you need 14 more points.

_