___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 198___

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Oct 1 04:25:51 CEST 2004

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____10_1_2004_Fri_vol.198_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Out of Tokyo Vol. 097
About CET
by Ozaki Tetsuya

(2) Tokyo Editors' Diary
Goto Shigeo ("Tokyo Gathering") Vol. 012

(3) Event Pick of the Week
Bijocan
by Maru

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 27 events
including 11 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Out Of Tokyo

Vol. 097: About CET
by Ozaki Tetsuya

CET on the WebHeld for the second time this year between September
18 and 26, Central East Tokyo 2004 (CET04) closed last weekend
after a total of ten days (if you include the pre-opening party)
of events. Unfortunately, due to the finalizing process of the
upcoming issue of ART iT magazine that was scheduled exactly for
that week, I was able to go and see only a few exhibitions in the
late afternoon of the closing day. Although I can only refer to a
small part of the event, I'd like to use this occasion to make
some comments.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki97.htm

(2) Tokyo Editors' Diary

Goto Shigeo ("Tokyo Gathering") Vol. 012

I've been working on a number of exhibitions and projects since
the beginning of this year. I consider the production and curation
of art exhibitions an extension of my editing work that enables
me look at editing from new perspectives and find new values in it.
Following Tanaami Keiichi + Ukawa Naohiro's psychedelic "Disco
University" exhibition at KPO Kirin Plaza Osaka, the KPO committee
including myself, Sawaragi Noi, Yanobe Kenji, and Igarashi Taro is
producing the Hi-energy Field show (see also RT's Art page for a
preview and more information). The committee members have selected
one previous Kirin Art Award winner each, and asked them to create
new works that are going to be lined up in this unique exhibition.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/diary/0053-henshucho.htm

(3) Event Pick of the Week

Bijocan

Open the little pink can with the alluring face of a young girl
and pour the red liquid in hot water (I recommend the bathtub).
Then cover the tub and wait 30 minutes, and out comes, marvel,
marvel, a stark naked pretty lady! The guy who puts such
grotesquely erotic male fantasies into cinematic shape is
26-year-old newcomer director, Kakehi Masaya. It's easy to
imagine how he came up with this flabbergasting story while
living on canned juice and cup noodles in his 10-squaremetre
apartment... His movie is a video style "manual for a
comfortable life with girls", and I must say it's a gas.
For more of his unique humor also check out Kakehi's other
films now on show: "Rosu : Taimu : Raifu" ("Extra Time Life")
and "Harikomare!".
--Maru

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?1,3031

Next week on RT:

- Redesigning Tokyo
- Tokyo Initiators' Diary

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2004 REALTOKYO