[syndicate]

Default Identity Default at eyedamage.net
Tue Nov 30 00:10:28 CET 2004

> >I suppose in 12-step one is swapping one form of dependency/control for
> >another - though superficially one is 'bad' (addiction) the other 'good'
> >(higher power)

higher power --> you are controlled -- > you are destroyed therefore not='good'

>- they don't remove that fundamental commonality.
>
> I don't see it this way at all, Stuart. With any addiction, one is going
> directly for control. The addict plays God

God is an addiction

> , e.g., by trying to will a sick
> relationship/dependency into something else. Surrendering to a higher power
> is the opposite move energetically -- it is a giving up of control.

> The addict stops playing God in order to let the universe "self-organize" in a
> matter of speaking.

"self-organize" --> discorporation --> 'good'

control --> power --> addiction --> your submission --> your destruction

> Now where I do see substitution of one addiction for another is not with this
> content

Learn to think before you learn to read

>, but with the structure of the 12-step

Leaping from one external solution to the next

> programs themselves--sometimes people get so addicted to the actual

literacy is a bane

> programs, they become unable to graduate, i.e., they never internalize the
> principals and remain addicted to their form.

spin each thought around itself until it is thin, meaningless, orphaned.