Dinner Conversation about Immigration Policies and Integration

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Fri Nov 26 11:42:28 CET 2004

From: Tanja Ostojic <tostojic at web.de>

Dear friends, respected colleagues,

I would like to kindly invite you for a dinner on the

Tuesday, November 30 at 17h

In the:
Kanonhallen
Øster Fælled Torv 37
2100 Kbh. Ø

As a starter I was asked to give a small introduction presentation on my
recent works: “Crossing Borders series³ 2000-2005 and the “Integration
project 2002-2005³. Then we will have a dinner during which I suggest we
talk about migration politics in Denmark / anti  foreigners polices in
Denmark. I do not know much about it so I would like to ask you kindly to
take part in the informal forum discussion on the dinner table, with your
opinions, statements, stories and ideas. Please feel free to come with your
friends who might be interested to take part in this evening.

The entrance is free, food as well; there will be some vine on the table
too. Additional drinks can be purchased on the bar that is located in the
same space. The amount of sits on the dinner table is limited so please come
on time...

Additional information on the event and the frame can be found on:

http://www.Kanonhallen.net <http://www.Kanonhallen.net/>

http://www.hum.ku.dk/klik/Dansk%20version%202004/kurser_intensivt_perform.htm

Looking forward very much to see you and to talk with you.

With warm regards,

Tanja Ostojic

tostojic at web.de

November 30, 17:00. The performance will be in English.

TANJA OSTOJIC

Dinner Conversation about Immigration Policies and Integration

The audience is invited by Tanja Ostojic to take part in a dinner
conversation that will function as an open forum for all participants.
Her key work is "Looking for a Husband with a EU Passport": In an attempt
to acquire a residence permit in Germany, she posted a nude photo of herself
on the Internet to attract a husband with a EU passport.

Tanja Ostojic will talk about this project at the dinner conversation,
where the main theme will be the excluding mechanism in Danish and European
immigration policies.

In an attempt to highlight the various problems of people in Denmark
without citizens¹ rights, Ostojic invites the audience to discuss these
problems from different perspectives. The list of invited guests includes
immigrants, activists, artists and philosophers, as well as journalists,
researchers and theoreticians from the legal and political fields.