REALTOKYO MM Vol. 180

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri May 21 02:58:42 CEST 2004

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____5_21_2004_Fri_vol.180_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo Initiators' Diary
Kubota Kenji (curator, Art Tower Mito) vol. 007

(2) Event Pick of the Week
Sato Taku: Plasticity
by Murata Yuko

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 33 events
including 8 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo Initiators' Diary

Kubota Kenji (curator, Art Tower Mito) vol. 007

April 5-8
The works to be featured in the "Lonely Planet" exhibition are
arriving one after another, and we're setting up the displays.
Artists and their assistants have gathered at the Art Tower,
and I can finally see how the exhibition is taking on shape.
Once again I realise that the set-up of artworks is the most
exciting part of an exhibition, but at the same time the moment
where I feel the strongest pressure. We're all working on the
displays until late these days.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/shikakenin/kubota-007.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Sato Taku: Plasticity

Designer Sato Taku has been responsible for the packaging of
countless hit items, including Nikka Whiskey Pure Malt, Meiji
Oishii Gyunyu milk and Lotte Xylitol Gum. Here he shows the whole
range of his work and gives his own explanation to each piece on
display, so I recommend you take your time for the exhibition.
You will also get an idea of Sato's own -- and broadly accepted --
philosophy of design in relation with its environment, expressed
in such statements as "my design is the design people see in it."
Spiced up with a spoonful of humor and never to obtrusive, the
magnetizing logo and package designs line up here make a nice
occasion for a reconsideration of design.
--Murata Yuko

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?6,380

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary
- Out of Tokyo

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2004 REALTOKYO