ACM Multimedia 2004 Conference Online Submission is Now Open

Pamela Jennings pamelaj at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Mar 25 23:06:17 CET 2004

Conference Announcement, please post and distribute.
Please accept our apologies if you receive this message more than
once, or by accident.

ACM Multimedia 2004 Interactive Art Program
Columbia University, New York City  October 10 - 15, 2004
http://www.mm2004.org/acm_mm04_call4interactiveartprogram.htm

Online Submission site is now open:
http://edas.info/home.cgi?c=4267

Submission Instructions are available at:
http://www.mm2004.org/acm_mm04_call4artexhibit.htm

ACM Multimedia 2004 is the premier annual multimedia conference,
covering all aspects of multimedia computing, from underlying
technologies to applications, theory to practice, and servers to
networks to devices. We especially encourage introduction of novel
media such as haptic, smell, sensors, animation, etc.. With this
year's new ACM MM Interactive Art Program we wish to bring together
the arts and multimedia communities to create the stage to explore,
discuss, and push the limits for the advancement of both multimedia
technology through the arts, and the arts through multimedia
technology.

1.  Technical Papers Tracks: Submission Deadline April 15, 2004
(deadline extended)
Tools for creating multimedia art: performance, immersive, narrative,
multi-modal, networked art, etc. The emphasis is on novel technical
tools developed specifically for the creation of multimedia art in
any form. We particularly encourage submission of tools in new and
emerging areas.

Tools developed by artists in the creation of multimedia art works:
will describe the process and technical details of the creation of
artistic works that have required either the development of new
multimedia tools, or novel uses of currently available multimedia
tools. Artists that develop their own tools are strongly encouraged
to submit their work to this track.

2.  Multimedia Art Exhibition: Submission Deadline May 3, 2004
DIGITAL BOUNDARIES: Multiculturalism, Identity, and Awareness

ACM Multimedia 2004 Interactive Art Program Co-chairs
Alejandro Jaimes, Fuji Xerox, Multimedia Analysis and Interaction,
Nakai Research Center
Pamela Jennings, School of Art and the HCI Institute, Carnegie Mellon
University