REALTOKYO MM Vol. 169

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Mar 5 03:09:16 CET 2004

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____3_5_2004_Fri_vol.169_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Out of Tokyo Vol. 082
BankART 1929
by Ozaki Tetsuya

(2) Event Pick of the Week
ACA Media Arts Festival
by Editorial Staff

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 34 events
including 7 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Out Of Tokyo

Vol. 082: BankART 1929
by Ozaki Tetsuya

After hearing about the openings of two new art spaces in
historical buildings near Bashamichi Station on the Minatomirai
Line, I went to a press briefing. One of them is not exactly
near, but located right on top of the station building, which
used to accommodate the Daiichi Bank. Restored in 2003, the
classicistic structure dates back to the year 1929. The other
place is less than a one-minute walk from the station.
Erected in the same year, the stone construction is from where
the Fuji Bank was once operating. Both built in the same year
and serving the same purpose, the places are now called "BankART
1929 Yokohama" and "BankART 1929 Bashamichi". "BankART 1929"
serves as a collective name for both of them, as well as the
program of artistic activities that are going to happen at these
two venues. It is also the name of the NPO that runs the places.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki82.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

ACA Media Arts Festival

How "artistic" are these "media arts"? What were the evaluation
criteria? And what about the pell-mell concept of mixing virtuosos
and newcomers? Well... let's stop asking questions and look at
the festival's selection of digital art, computer games, animation,
manga, and other torch-bearing Japanese "media art." An opportunity
to see a broad range of recent works including Kuwakubo Ryota's
"Digital Gadgets" and Kawamoto Kihachiro's distich animation
project "Winter Days" free of charge, the ACA Media Arts Festival
is an event definitely worth visiting. Special submissions by
previous prizewinners such as Oba Yasuo or Hashimoto Mika are also
promising
--Editorial Staff

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?4,1673

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- Presents

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2004 REALTOKYO