autonomia

Alessandro Ludovico a.ludovico at neural.it
Tue Jun 22 11:00:01 CEST 2004

>Dear Yukihiko,
>
>if you are looking for the historical movement from the '70,  eg. Radio Alice,
>google gives quite good results, specially papers
>  http://www.iol.ie/~mazzoldi/toolsforchange/archive/papers/pap002.html
>- that can bring you further in research.
>An interseting antecendent of the autonomia movement
>is presented in an interview of Stefano Boeri with Giancarlo de
>Carlo, and the case
>study about the Milano Triennale '68.
>If you look for members of the Autonomia movement, typing Antonio Negri
>  in google will also give you  a lot of  results.
>If you look for recent history of centri sociali and independent media,
>i can recommend the writings of Emmano Gomma Guarneri, his book
>about the Georgraphy of Desire.
>Out of the  young people active on the autonomous media scene we known best
>those who hang around and participate at conferences
>Candida Tv, Telestreet, Minimal Tv, Radio Tandem, dyne.org...

There are plenty of books in Italian about autonomia, but I don't
know much about the English one.
You can check Autonomedia for some Negri essays: http://www.autonomedia.org
This is about the strategical/political part of the movement.
On the other hand there was a huge creative part (Radio Alice and the
A/Traverso fanzine were among the first efforts).
You can find more about them in the seminal writings of Franco 'Bifo'
Berardi (theorist of the Telestreet movement). His reference blog is
Rekombinant http://rekombinant.org.
The autonomous media scene is even more vast with hundreds of
collectives and products.
The starting point online is ECN (Isole nella Rete): http://www.ecn.org.

Personally, I've tried to document and monitor the peculiar national
'hacktivist' scene in Neural, in the last ten years
(http://neural.it).

If you need more specific suggestions, just ask.
--

Alessandro Ludovico
Neural.it - http://neural.it/ daily updated news + reviews