Camp Crapper

Ivo Skoric ivo at reporters.net
Thu Jun 17 21:01:03 CEST 2004

The good thing about the US war crimes is that we don't have to wait
for Nuerenberg to hear about them. They are leaking slowly and
painfully to the public day after day.

Consider this one:
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/17/politics/17abuse.html?th

They were hiding prisoners from ICRC (Red Cross), so that they could
do whatever they wanted to them. But in the end they hid some
prisoners so well that even they couldn't find those prisoners any
more, so nobody actually ended up interrogating and torturing them.
Now they admit that the action was "deceptive, contrary to Army
doctrine, and in violation of international law."

This was done on Rumsfeld's order. However, he was acting at the
request of George J. Tenet, the director of central intelligence. And
Tenet already resigned, so I guess they'll just keep piling all the
crap on him.

ivo