Recent work, poor and otherwise.

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Wed Jan 28 23:22:33 CET 2004

Recent work, poor and otherwise.

Some of my recent work has been terrible. Since "shining upwards," I've
been off. The following texts are the only ones that are decent. The rest,
including "v*ral" stars and bones," seem tired. I've removed them. If
you're tracking my work, please remove them as well. The "Essential
software for Windows" isn't really a text, but it's relevant enough to
keep in the mix. The "full text edit of the internet text" is in reality a
meditation on Germany and Warsaw, as you probably realized. "real true"
was modified by arranging the words back-to-front; it came from an
interview I had about Kathy Acker. "great art" is a modification of "real
true"; I'm not sure about it. "lastempire.mov" took close to a day to
produce, although the results are simple, but only on the surface. about
sixteen seconds and silent. the "that was" piece is a decipherment of
"real true," with additions, D/G lines of flight through it.

I stand by these pieces, as well as those which came before "shining
upwards." The rest are dubious and embarrassing.

shining upwards
Subject: small homage in the tropics
history.
Essential software for Windows - for codework/'experimental' work/ etc.
Ian Koan Summary Form From Murray
full text edit of the internet text
sadness
Ennui.
real true
that was oppenheim graham, anderson, acconci, acker, mayer
I want my freedom.
i am waiting for a new way of thinking
lastempire.mov
great art