Sanchez

Ivo Skoric ivo at reporters.net
Sun Jan 11 18:17:59 CET 2004

General Sanchez, 52, who commands the 38-nation alliance of
occupation forces in Iraq, summarized his thoughts in a way that
encapsulated America's challenge here nine months after the overthrow
of Saddam Hussein. "They don't want us here, but they don't want us
to leave, either," he said. "That's our dilemma; that's the problem
we have to solve."
If they all die, then they will not be there any more, and that
without having left, so the problem would be solved. Only I am not
sure whether that solution would sound acceptable to general Sanchez.
But maybe that's what Sunnis are hinting at.
ivo