immedia 04 CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

immedia 2004 immedia2004 at entity.ummu.umich.edu
Tue Jan 6 20:19:09 CET 2004

/////////////    immedia 04: surface   /////////////////////////////
                 9th.annual.digital.arts.exhibition

                 submissions now being accepted
                 deadline march 1

                 http://entity.ummu.umich.edu/immedia/

                 may 7 - may 23, 2004
                 opening may 7
                 CELLspace
                 san francisco, ca
                 usa

     (( (  submissions  )  )             )               )

Work is now being accepted for the 9th installment of the immedia
digital arts exhibition. This year we are holding the show in San
Francisco to give immedia a space where anything is possible. A variety
of disciplines and mediums will be accommodated to reflect the growing
trend of sensory displacement and interactive composition. Works
created with or in response to digital and electronic media are
welcomed. these may include, but are not limited to, installation,
performance, dance, video, animation, interactive graphics, flat work,
and web design.

           SEE    http://entity.ummu.umich.edu/immedia
           EMAIL  immedia2004 at entity.ummu.umich.edu

      (( ( mission          )  )              )                 )

The immedia electronic art exhibition has developed from a community
of artists and thinkers interested in the artistic possibilities of new
technologies. The immedia community exhibits the best of such art,
eschewing reckless application of powerful technology in favor of
electronic art which seeks deeper understandings of technology's
relationship with art and life in contemporary society.

As with any art, electronic art must explain our world to us in new ways,
helping us understand and relate to our environment.  The immedia
community believes that the sweeping changes already wrought by
television and those still to be realized by computers and digital devices
necessitate a new art.  This new art, reacting with and against new
technologies, has a deep responsibility to guide humankind's future
interactions with its new electronic environment.  Technology must be
used in creative, intelligent ways to ensure an expressive future. The
immedia exhibition hinges on the belief that it is the electronic artist's
responsibility to realize the full creative potential of digital and analog
devices.