Save a life, become a passport donor!

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Thu Feb 19 09:53:11 CET 2004

http://www.paspoortdonor.tk

I might have told you about it earlier: people should be able to donate
their passports and their citizenship to other people after their death,
like an organ donor. We now have made the fictitious foundation passport
donor where you can download a donor card and a registration form, plus a
free poster for on the window. Very nice...on the card you can indicate a
preference to what kind of stranger you want your passport to go.

All this is more or less a reaction to the recent decision of the minister
of foreigners to not allow 26.000 refugees to stay in Holland, some have to
leave after 15 years of living in the hell of not being anyone really. The
Dutch people themselves are very wary of the developments, but on your own
or in a small group you can't really do anything.

I am now thinking about a kind of reversal project on the theme of
immigration out of Europe, the new kind of refugee. I always say, if anyone
should win the lottery, the best you can do is 'get the hell outa here!'. It
is time Holland is no longer idolized as a Mekka for political or
economical/social refugees. Not to deter these poor people, but to safeguard
them from severe disappointment and unhappiness.

If I would be a refugee I would not want to come to Holland right now, or
even Europe. In fact, I foresee new large streams of migrants fleeing from
Europe within 60 years or so, if things keep heading in this direction.

Am off now, friends just got back with a poster for the window: it says: Save
a life, become a passport donor! Cool.