Third

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Sun Feb 15 03:14:07 CET 2004

Third

It's so much later in the evening and I'm trying to decide what to take
to the Brown mini-conf. I'm on the 3rd book of Journey to the West, but I
might leave that in favor of the I Ching, which I want to look at in
depth (re: Legge's version, not Wilhelm's). We found more free books
today including the poems of Gershom Scholem, Ahmed Rassim's The Little
Bookseller Oustaz Ali, poems by Neruda, photos of CBGB etc. in blank
generation revisited, the early days of punk rock, Gabriel Levin's
Hezekiah's Tunnel, a quite old Chinese bowl as well. I don't understand
and I so want to. It is February 14 2004 and I am utterly drained. This
afternoon I rose from a nap feeling ill again. This happens all too
often. After the mini-conf. I will return to the doctors. Again and
again. In Kurosawa's dreams, there are journeys through the wood. I want
to return to Japan. The Economist Pocket series World in Figures doesn't
cover all the countries. That's an error. The shakuhachi is still within
the trumpet case. My headache is getting worse again. I need codeine. The
laptop now has 768 megabytes of RAM and runs considerably faster. I'll
take the Zaurus with the two UML (universal modeling language)
applications. I can work on the real and codework simultaneously,
diagramming my thoughts. I am using sequencing and database diagrams. I
will bring the Cybertext Yearbook almost definitely. But then it may not
be necessary. I may bring the Chomsky. Chances are yes, it will be the
Chomsky. Sat Feb 14 21:12:26 EST 2004

___