___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 209___

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Dec 24 08:05:47 CET 2004

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____12_24_2004_Fri_vol.209_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

                          RT

                          wishes

                        M E R R Y

                    C H R I S T M A S

                  a n d   a   h a p p y
                           and
                         peaceful
    O   *   I   *   A   *   *   *   E   *   S   *   N
  H  *   L   *   D   *   Y   *   S   *   A   *   O   *  !

[This Week's Index]

(1) Out of Tokyo Vol. 103
Promoting Japanese Culture in the World
by Ozaki Tetsuya

(2) Event Pick of the Week
Koolhaus of Jazz
by Taguchi Hiroyuki

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 33 events
including 5 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Out Of Tokyo

Vol. 103: Promoting Japanese Culture in the World
by Ozaki Tetsuya

As anticipated (see the previous installment of this column) and
now reported in the media, Isozaki Arata has quit his post as
the director of the 2005 Yokohama Triennale, and artist Kawamata
Tadashi has taken over the helm. What a confusion... But maybe
it's a favourable turn of events, as Kawamata seems to be working
on it eagerly, and his statement raises our hopes: "My intention
is to put together a Yokohama 2005 that is quite unlike any other
international exhibition the world has seen."

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki103.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Koolhaus of Jazz

December is the month when you hear Christmas songs just about
everywhere you go. What you usually don't hear are excellent
jazz interpretations, and some of these are really good. The one
I recommend most is Naruyoshi Kikuchi Quintet Live Dub's "The
Christmas Song". To write about it before seeing the live
performance seems a bit unsophisticated, but the anticipated
duet of Kahimi Karie and Kikuchi Naruyoshi just sounds
irresistible. The rest of the lineup including DJ Krush, Vincent
Atmicus and especially Sigh Boat featuring Uchida Yayako, Suzuki
Masato and Watanabe Takuma is equally attractive. Merry Christmas!
--Taguchi Hiroyuki

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?2,2219

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Initiators' Diary

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2004 REALTOKYO