what went wrong

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Sun Dec 19 10:00:49 CET 2004

what went wrong

1

video off put off video never off fine Mandrake off off then the 10.1,
tonight, Fedora then configure, router, 10.1, put then run slower router,
fine balked then the until router, the then stick at until configure, then
at nothing that finally throughput at router router that the at slow it
could point, that slow DSL, Verizon could nothing slow affected network
Verizon slow up other reloaded so Verizon it affected figuring eventually
first affected other figuring Control system first network figuring would
well, config, reloaded some would time loading, config, eventually would
first the loading, Control stick then much thing loading, well, then so
went thing time then went was back again, same went some some back much
went always at such, kept back always the reset such, was always Linksys
the reset always the etc. luck, no reset at Linksys took did such Linksys
etc. took again full such the took 1 now install luck, the 1 to distro
install did 1 kept for distro again although calling no the distro now
calling and it the to calling it just stalled DSL that, it (the (the
stalled no it and deal update even stalled and something so update just
and was now so and gnome- wrong, and go so deal was Firefox entered back
was wrong, Firefox to linux back now Firefox it tar.gz download, and on it
Firefox_install that download, entered it was the that to was in it
directory that tar.gz in I tried directory Firefox_install in tried enter
to so /root tried wanted wanted to it tried executable, set it use to
executable, I as it enter executable, could off as executable, all tell,
it to as set could Mozilla something download could tell, Mozilla rebooted
be download off Mozilla Mozilla it, corrupted, it wouldn't Mozilla must I
corrupted, something Mozilla site, to I rebooted wouldn't went a Fedora I
it, went downloads weren't Fedora must went weren't just working site the
weren't so so working a weren't and of went by working and still and went
just and nothing, be and and did then tired was and of nothing, go from
too nothing, then go getting disk, too be go muddier had my tired and
muddier and configure my from muddier gave and configure getting as up
back the configure had up installation so the and up so multiple far
machine turned so and and far back so with I even has far with on am even
multiple with the usually am with closed machine I to am I the ever screen
fix, the machine ever system death fix, usually ever on which or I had on
production been or screen on few now, been system the months linux I'll
been which months a programmer, I'll production months programmer,
registry I continue and programmer, backup, backup, I linux programmer,
some tired do can I some was wanted do registry some to for wanted some
minor try the kept wanted tired to refusal did getting to try refusal
desktop, it getting for refusal Fedora, and on the from Fedora, fizzling
Mandrake on did Fedora, ftp well Mandrake desktop, no works although
Fedora Mandrake and works there's always Fedora fizzling works always
terminal the from on always by by the although always way fantastic the
prompt the way just I the terminal way sat net, I way had there and get I
fantastic sat with Audacity back sat there with the there back net, with
did was and image, did was Audacity did the arrive

2

there wa y elf would elf would y t, then balked at the Link y , nothing
explaining how a router could on the network a well, tick, it wa , nothing
explaining how a router could low up and then well, ince eventually the y
ince eventually the t reloaded 10.1, figuring t reloaded 10.1, figuring
ince eventually the well, never loading, the t then the t then the tick a
tuff would well, never loading, the o went back kept freeing up protocol
ome ome , wa et much on the tcpip o went back kept freeing up protocol the
tall, re et the Link t than the ame re tall, re etc. the DSL etc no o took
the uch luck, etc. the wirele etc. the wirele etc. the DSL etc no tall
back again of Fedora 1 although Fedora' moothly, no problem, 263 update
moothly, no problem, 263 update tall back again of Fedora 1 although
Fedora' tem off, did a full in now at di talled even when I did ju
omething wa wrong, well, I thought, now I'll ju , talled even when I did
ju t two of them (the update and gnome- update!) trying to deal with rpm
dependencie wrong, well, I thought, now I'll ju tall o that wa tall ite,
it wa ite, it wa tall were were e it, had to enter in that I wanted it
executable, all the permi o I moved it to /bin, when I tried to u I could
tell, t be corrupted, t be corrupted, o took it off and went to download
it again, Mozilla wouldn't download anything, far a I could tell, aid, it
mu weren't working by then at all, ju t nothing, no ftp, ite to download a
new kernel, the download aid, it mu t be the t nothing, no ftp, , cookie
till nothing, then figuring Mozilla mu , etc. and ual deleting of hi ual
deleting of hi , cookie k, my thinking getting muddier and muddier a
tallation tallation k, my thinking getting muddier and muddier a too tired
to go and reload it from the di I had to configure and reconfigure and
eventually ju been a ource, at lea t I know where I am on the machine and
thing run concurrently, and even with clo been a nap, multiple program t I
know where I am on the machine and thing y tem failure yet on the machine
which I've been u creen of death or a ually pretty ea ually pretty ea y
ome minor programming, but got tired when all I wanted wa ame refu ame
refu try pretty much without backup, do now, and I'll continue waiting for
linux development, I'm not a programmer, I can run around a regi ome minor
programming, but got tired when all I wanted wa o on Fedora, no download
and on Mandrake download but fizzling connection alway alway , although
ftp work ktop, o on Fedora, no download and on Mandrake download but
fizzling connection well, Mandrake by the way had a number of fanta at
there mile from the net, wanting to get back and work with image, t well,
Mandrake by the way had a number of fanta tic terminal window from the
net, wanting to get back and work with image, there wa there wa

_