Performing Arts Network Japan

Yukihiko Yoshida yukihiko at sfc.keio.ac.jp
Mon Dec 13 10:56:52 CET 2004

Hello from TOKYO.

Website Performing Arts Network Japan just opened!
If you have any interest on Japan, please check this out.

Best Wishes,
Yukihiko YOSHIDA

          Website Performing Arts Network Japan just opened!

Performing  Arts  Network  Japan  (www.performingarts.jp) is a Website
dedicated  to  disseminating  information  about  the  stimulating and
highly diverse Japanese performing arts scene. And, with an eye to the
international performing arts scene, each month we will also introduce
presenters who are presently active on the international stage.
The   Japan  Foundation  has  previously  published  English  language
introductions  to  drama  and dance artists in Theater Japan (1989 and
1993),  and an organized survey of the genres of contemporary theater,
contemporary  dance,  butoh, contemporary music, and popular music, in
Performing  Arts  Now  in  Japan  (1995).  We  also presented the most
up-to-date information on the Japan Performing Arts Net Website during
1997-2003 to provide a view of trends in Japanese performing arts.
This  new Website is the integration of these efforts and we sincerely
hope  it will contribute to the promotion of international exchange in
the performing arts.

For inquiry for this Website:
Performing Arts Division of Arts Department, The Japan Foundation
info at performingarts.jp

3 Elements of the world:   Joy / Fun / Love
--Yuk;-)iko YOSHIDA
Yukihiko YOSHIDA
Systems Humanist/Generalist and Rogue -artist researcher-
Research Fields: Cyborg,Media Technologies,Dance
<.org>
Phd. Candidate:Keio University,Graduate School for Media and Governance
               <http://www.mag.keio.ac.jp/>
the principal investigator and project leader of ADaPT Tokyo (Japan),
              Association for Dance and Performance Telematics:ADaPT
World Dance Alliance Asia Pacific /Research and Documentation Network
an assistant:Project Xanadu and Prof.Ted Nelson
Japanese Society for Dance Research <http://www.danceresearch.ac/>
Dance Critic: Music and Dance Press (since 1930)
              ArtsCure http://www.dpsny.org/
              RealTokyo http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/