[syndicate] Fwd: cfw

Peter Luining email at ctrlaltdel.org
Fri Aug 20 11:50:34 CEST 2004

ctgr-pavu.com wrote:

>>>  Du Vin, Du Pain, Duchamp
>>>

>> ==> not duchamp...but bernard buffet
>> in france duchamp is an unknown artist. i asked to my french
>> colleagues they told me : du pain, du vin, du johnny halliday...
>> to be France is a hard job but someone  has got to do it
>> donc la France c'est moi  nomdediou !!! et j'emmerde baudrillard
>

> Duchamp is american

was or did he have 2 passports

Duchamp, Marcel (1887-1968), French Dada artist, whose small but
controversial output exerted a strong influence on the development of
20th-century avant-garde art. Born on July 28, 1887, in Blainville,
brother of the artist Raymond Duchamp-Villon and half brother of the
painter Jacques Villon, Duchamp began to paint in 1908. After producing
several canvases in the current mode of Fauvism, he turned toward
experimentation and the avant-garde, producing his most famous work,
Nude Descending a Staircase, No. 2 (Philadelphia Museum of Art) in 1912;
portraying continuous movement through a chain of overlapping cubistic
figures, the painting caused a furor at New York City's famous Armory
Show in 1913. He painted very little after 1915, although he continued
until 1923 to work on his masterpiece, The Bride Stripped Bare by Her
Bachelors, Even (1923, Philadelphia Museum of Art), an abstract work,
also known as The Large Glass, composed in oil and wire on glass, that
was enthusiastically received by the surrealists. In sculpture, Duchamp
pioneered two of the main innovations of the 20th century—kinetic art
and ready-made art. His “ready-mades” consisted simply of everyday
objects, such as a urinal and a bottle rack. His Bicycle Wheel (1913,
original lost; 3rd version, 1951, Museum of Modern Art, New York City),
an early example of kinetic art, was mounted on a kitchen stool. After
his short creative period, Duchamp was content to let others develop the
themes he had originated; his pervasive influence was crucial to the
development of surrealism, Dada, and pop art. Duchamp became an American
citizen in 1955. He died in Paris on October 1, 1968.

> du champagne is français !
>

> and some gentle figlio di mignotta said
> "genius is having flowers"
>
> flowers for all,