du pain, du vin, duchamp

Gregory Taylor gtaylor at rtqe.net
Thu Aug 19 18:37:11 CEST 2004

>> Du Vin, Du Pain, Duchamp
>>

> ==> not duchamp...but bernard buffet
> in france duchamp is an unknown artist. i asked to my french
> colleagues they told me : du pain, du vin, du johnny halliday...

Yep. Marcel was over here, giving French lessons,
making stuff, and generally making sure that an entire
generation of wealthy American collectors knew about
the French work that lots of French people expect
Americans to know about....

But unless you bother to interrogate his life outside
of a small collection of objects, that's probably not
all that apparent.

gregory (just back from seeing MD in Philly. Wow)