time-travel mansion

rich white counterwork at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Aug 10 17:31:46 CEST 2004

I had a dream last night that I was in a huge mansion house.
Through each door was a different time.
I was being shown around by a dapper gentleman in a tweed suit.
After showing me several doors he told me that there is one door I should never go through.
It is kept locked and I am to avoid it.
Later on, whilst sitting in a pleasant field in what appears to be Victorian England, a younger version of the dapper gent approaches me and gives me the key to the forbidden door.
I immediately go there, unlock it and enter.
I find myself in a similar field.
I am surrounded by a number of people painting at easels.
I recognise most of the paintings - they appear to be Monets, Renoirs, Turners, Manets, Degas, Picassos and many more too numerous to list.
But different people are painting them?
I soon learn that the people are painting practically flawless forgeries.
They use the time-travel doors to hide the paintings in their correct times and then 'discover' them in the future.
The true origin of each painting is undetectable and they are believed to be original works by long-dead masters.
They can go on creating new works by dead artists forever.
The owner of the mansion has amassed a huge fortune by selling the paintings at auction.
The forgers are his slaves.

rich white
www.counterwork.co.uk