REALTOKYO MM Vol. 147

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Sep 26 03:04:45 CEST 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____9_26_2003_Fri_vol.147_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

   ++ tonight ++ tonight ++ tonight ++ tonight ++ tonight ++

                 WASP (War As Sales Promotion)
Exhibition of the best entries + live music, auction & more
                  TONIGHT at Super Deluxe!!!
          http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/english/wasp.htm
     http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/english/column/ozaki70.htm

   ++ tonight ++ tonight ++ tonight ++ tonight ++ tonight ++

[This Week's Index]

(1) Out of Tokyo  Vol. 071
Saigenji

(2) Event Pick of the Week
Nannano? A-POC: A work in progress...
by Olivia Goldschmidt

(3) Present
sora: re.sort

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 49 events
including 11 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Out of Tokyo

Vol. 71: Saigenji
by Ozaki Tetsuya

I guess you've heard a variety of different stories about Joao
Gilberto's first concert tour of Japan, such as "the very first
show started (only!) one hour late," "the program was different
at each concert," or "during the performance he slept for 15
minutes." These are some of the episodes that hint at the
presence of the "god of bossa nova," and since all the world
had been waiting for the man to play live in Japan, the venue
was crammed with celebrities. I went to see the first performance
(9/11 at Tokyo International Forum), and standing out among the
large number of visitors was Saigenji, one of the hottest men of
the moment. I assume he was invited by the organizers or someone
else, and from his VIP seat right in the middle of one of the
first rows he was obviously enjoying Joao on "voice and guitar"
(which is also the title of his recent album, "Joao Voz E Violao").

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki71.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Nannano?
A-POC: A work in progress
by Miyake Issey and Fujiwara Dai

For the first time since he launched the Miyake Design Studio
in 1970, Issey Miyake now lifts the veil and reveals the process
involved in the making of A-POC's pieces. A five-year long
collaboration with Fujiwara Dai, A-POC has pursued possibilities
to create clothing instantly with computer-programmed knitting
or weaving machines. From simply A Piece Of Cloth -- which A-POC
stands for -- Miyake makes yet another reverence to the textile
tradition. Out of a constant exploration of the thread come
new possibilities for the wear of the future. Graphic designer
Satoh Taku offers a comprehensive explanation of the making of
this year's "baguette" knitted fabric in his display, and no
less than three other designers -- Taku, Yoshioka Tokujin, and
Akita Kan -- have also combined their efforts to provide a space
inducing the forefront of our imagination. A-POC then is not
just what you wear, it's a state of mind.
--Olivia Goldschmidt

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?6,325

(3) Presents

Out now is "re.sort," the new album of Plop artist sora, and
three lucky REALTOKYO readers will receive one copy each.
For a review check RT's "Book/Disk" page.

To apply and for more info see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- Tokyo Initiators' Diary

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2003 REALTOKYO