fundamental questions

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Sun Sep 7 06:26:24 CEST 2003

fundamental questions

ure interfere with the ongoing rush of civilization? is the loss of one
species:ledge to which they are entitled, but which may needlessly damage
them? does nat:is it better to be truthful and suffer the consequences?
should people be given know: any circumstances in which censorship is
either necessary or desirable?^?^?^?^?: any circumstances in which
censorship is either necessary or desirable?^?^?^?^? do animals have
equivalent rights to ourselves? are animals intelligent? is artificial
life alive? will robots replace us on the earth? will robots tolerate and
even cultivate the wilderness? do some see farther than others? what is
wisdom and is it associated with age? is cleverness associated with
shallowness and can one be both clever and wise? :you will never age? when
we age do we watch ourselves age or does our watching also age? are we all
fundamentally selfish with skeletons in the closet? are our lives
permeated through and through by shameful acts? does reality exist? do we
see what we want to see? is there an afterlife? are ghosts real? :should
we be free to damage our possessions any way we see fit? do we have the
write to absolute freedom without recrimination of any sort? are we the
care-takers of planet earth? does new development in medicines provide the
major impetus behind salvaging the rain forest? is wholesale slaughter a
necessary condition of the human race? is self-preservation the primary
foundation of human existence? are our children our future or our past?
does belief in a spiritual being necessarily imply that it is gendered and
or higher in any sense? does the slightest spiritual crack in the edifice
of scientific rationalism bring the whole thing down? how do we reconcile
our concerns with a fundamentally meaningless universe? are we motivated
solely by our impending deaths or does sexuality play a part? if males
could have children would they continue to produce otherwise? if there is
a fountain of youth would males or females be more likely to imbibe? is
there any decent reason not to live forever providing ::

___