REALTOKYO MM Vol. 144

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Sep 5 03:11:11 CEST 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____9_5_2003_Fri_vol.144_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo Editor's Diary
Baba Masataka ("A" magazine) Vol. 014

(2) Event Pick of the Week
Cow Parade Tokyo in Marunouchi 2003
by Naomi

(3) Present
Afterhours #18

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 54 events
including 12 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo Editors' Diary

Baba Masataka ("A") Vol. 014

I helped Bungeishunju publishing company with a special edition
of their "Title" magazine, and was taken for a ride by one of
their meticulous editors. The conversation with Lily Franky and
"madorist" Sato Wakako (author of "Madori no techo") was fun.
Well, actually it was more some kind of nonsense talk with an old
guy saying some pretty nasty things to two young girls, and even
some details of my previous inflection with Lily coming out in
the end. As an extreme case study, I don't think that conversation
was much of use for Sato-san, and maybe it even has a bad influence
on her life... However, she reportedly sold 100,000 copies of
"Madori no techo." Great job!

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/diary/0040-henshucho.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Cow Parade Tokyo in Marunouchi 2003

The "cow parade" has finally arrived in Japan. It's not some
madness like the bull run they're doing in Pamplona, nor some
kind of rodeo event. The "cow parade" is a proper (well, more
or less) public art festival that was first held in 1998 in
Zurich, from where it set off to conquer the world. The event
is basically an exhibition putting all kinds of artworks on the
theme of cows on public display, and shown this time in the
streets of Tokyo's Marunouchi district are a number of works by
Japanese artists. I have no idea why they're working with cows
in this "year of the sheep" (that's at least in Japan), but it
sounds like fun anyway. Personally I'm most looking forward to
seeing the works of Iwai Toshio, Kishi Keisuke and Shirane
Yutanpo.
--Naomi

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?0,372

(3) Presents

Today is the last chance to apply for a free copy of vol. 18 of
"Afterhours" magazine (in Japanese), which comes once again with
three CDs.
http://www.img8.com/after_hours/

To apply and for more info see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- Out of Tokyo

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2003 REALTOKYO