airport securities

Ivo Skoric ivo at reporters.net
Tue Oct 21 18:32:07 CEST 2003

Sometimes this summer I wrote about taking six (6) cigarette lighters
in cargo from New York to Frankfurt. They were discovered by German
security people on the second leg of trip (from Frankfurt). JFK
security just did not see enough flammable liquid in the bag to take
the plane down.

Now, a 20-year old US pacifist student is facing up to 10 years in
prison for proving that just about no amount of increased security
measures can keep our flying safe - only abandoning of our war-monger
agendas and designs for global dominance shall do that. Who knows,
maybe Heatwole's generation would finally learn. I hope 'moveon'
people take his case.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/21/national/21PLAN.html?th

ivo