REALTOKYO MM Vol. 150

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Oct 17 01:49:24 CEST 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____10_17_2003_Fri_vol.150_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

   ++ out now ++ out now ++ out now ++ out now ++ out now ++

               Bilingual art quarterly "ART iT"
               Vol. 1 on sale from October 17!!

                          featuring:
      interviews with Yoko Ono, Jonas Mekas, and others,
               as well as ART iT's selection of
                "10 Emerging Japanese Artists"
                          and more...

                     116 pages, 1,000 yen

   ++ out now ++ out now ++ out now ++ out now ++ out now ++

[This Week's Index]

(1) Event Pick of the Week
Shiota Chiharu Exhibition
by Murata Yuko

(2) Presents
"Ueda Yoshihiko: Photographs" & "Johhny English"

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 40 events
including 8 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Event Pick of the Week

Shiota Chiharu Exhibition

Following last year's solo show, Shiota Chiharu unveils a new
installation work that makes use of the gallery's whole
exhibition space. A bed and a TV monitor are installed in the
room, surrounded by a severalfold net of black yarn. Shown on
the monitor are scenes of happy people's reunions at airports.
The elements of excess in works like this new one, or the giant
dress the artist presented at the Yokohama Triennale, call to
mind the madness that wriggles in the depths of humans' minds.
They're absolutely quiet, but all th emore irresistibly intense.
On display at the same time in Nagoya are works Shiota has
shown before in a solo exhibition at The Wurttembergische
Kunstverein Stuttgart.
--Murata Yuko

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?4,1554

(2) Presents

RT gives away ten free tickets for Ueda Yoshihiko's "Photography"
exhibition, as well as two special "Johnny English" T-shirts.
For "Photography" check our ART, and for "Johnny English" our
"CINEMA" section.

To apply and for more info see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- Out of Tokyo

- Tokyo Initiators' Diary

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2003 REALTOKYO