Re: [syndicate] Re: ZKM Events :: Matthew Barney :: »Cremaster Cycle«

TH thth at noos.fr
Mon Oct 13 13:58:58 CEST 2003

"Yesterday projection in Trianon de Cremaster 3 of Matthew Barney. All the
Parisian gratin of the contemporary art (off-line framed version) was rué to
attend ceremony VIP. 2 hours 45 minutes (!) of visual and physical torment
(to try to see Tarkowski with the idle in anti-UGC armchairs) orchestrated
by the grandiloquence of a wonder schizoid servant boy. Matthew Barney the
"artiste-sponge" has absorbed on its passage (1 time sufffit) all the visual
arsenal of the nightmare cinematograph for these 20 last years. In bulk, the
American Sponge absorbs Cronenberg and the morbid fascination of the coffins
motorized (with a wink with this schmuck of César - that its heart is
compressed it ausssi) for apater the collectors Bâleux (Radiomobile with the
passage takes some for its rank with their fascination beauf of tuture
customized with pétasse-bimbo on the cap), without speaking about the
organic ex-growths to Videodrome, Polanski and the topic of the loop and the
alienation (put in abyme of the setting in abyme: thank you one is already
Locataire since the last depression...), Kubrik and the launching of the
femur without answer to fish as much with the Fly (be sure for you to puff
out something after the love), Lynch for the enfermement mental one under
Hollywood velvet, Clive Baker for the Gothic newlook (the masks of Barney is
inspired by the make-up of films of horrors series B), the frêres Cohen and
their esthetics 50' S of the Great Jump or Barton Fink etc (I must forget
some... seek well and you have all the time to note during projection and
you can send your notes to me I will add them). Side visual arts, Barney
essuie the bottom of the artists like Cindy Sherman for the dressing-up
(thank you Filliou), of Koons with the renewal of the kitch and the presence
of the vulgar MUSE (in the absence of a star porn it leaves us one
estropiée, it is so much more trash the stubs...). Superéponge takes also to
the easy opposite course to contemporary esthetics anorexic - dictatorship
of the banal one - by reg(r)avant us of digitized Rebirth (it is good for
the sale of the DVD). Having taken the posture of the tormented romantic
artist who wants to share his obsessions (NB: to take LSD is more
effective), the fact does not erase that all the production (visual and
plastic) is manufactured by a team of slaves paid - fatally - with the
catapult but that has nevertheless couter a max: the credits of film are as
long as that of the "TITANIC" (on the other hand the poster is minimal,
mononominale even...) In short, the posture mytho-megalomaniac of the pop
artist under the alibi baroque is complétement obsolete per hour of the
star-academy, the pop stars and especially of the NET ART, this art of
disappearance, the community and the interactivity. To still satisfy the
market of art only here, the wig of Warhol is replaced by latex of a mask.
Isn't this visual vice fashion pubeuse post-MTV and this refusal of
narration summons of it the consent of a complete semiological aberration
which does not inject with the eye q' an indigestible band purely announces
dedicated - once again - at an end mercantile? To sell the decoration and
the accessories of the funeral spectacle of a gavée company of signs without
faith nor law if not that of the Goods object crystallization of its own
destruction? Pass to me petroleum jelly cherished. "

src = http://tinyurl.com/qpyw  + http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

by "almost TH"
http://casseurs2hype.free.fr/press/X-pre$$.JPG