Forgiving Arnold & Voting for the Familiar + Brainwashing

Ivo Skoric ivo at reporters.net
Sun Oct 12 17:24:34 CEST 2003

You know what the guiding principle of brainwashing is: to exhaust
the subject with sleep deprivation so that their senses and
perceptions get disoriented. Once everything they see around
themselves become blurry, they could believe what they are told to
believe.

In that respect a society that makes its people work long hours, and
deprives them of vaccation time, effectively facilitates brainwashing
process.

I don't know whether it was worse in Nazi Germany, but I can check.
Here is what I got from Claudia at [syndicate]:
http://www.shoa.de/kdf.html -"force through joy" program was actually
part of the brainwashing there: there existed offices 'for free time
activities', 'traveling, hiking and holiday' etc. It seems like more
fun, but the results were even more detrimental for personal freedom
in terms of efficient thought control.

ivo

On 11 Oct 2003 at 13:15, Miroslav Visic wrote:

Ivo Skoric wrote:

> [...]  As I said, people are overworked here. The US is a country
> with longest working hours and shortest vacation times in Western
> Hemisphere. There is simply no time to prepare yourself to make an
> educated political choice.

In Garment District in New York employees are not allowed even one
day
vacation in the first year. In the second year they are typically
entitled for 1 (one!) week vacation. Health benefits (if any) are to
begin only after six months of employment. For comparison, in former
Yugoslavia I enjoyed full health care benefits from day one and full
5
weeks vacation on my very first job.

I know how this was regulated in other Communist countries.  Does
anyone know if it was worse in Nazi Germany than in Garment District
and other small to medium sized businesses in the US? I think only in
Zola's times the workers were exploited and abused more than in
contemporary American capitalism.

No wonder mass brainwashing is so successful. That partly explains
why
50 percent of Americans still believe that Bush regime is conducting
an excellent foreign policy.