[syndicate] Re: Re: Code

Michael Watson michaelw at eleanorrigby.net
Sun Oct 5 19:24:48 CEST 2003

more speaking in tongues:

Almost... cut my hair, it happened just the other day. It's getting kinda long. I could'a said it wasn't my way, but I didn't and I wonder why. I feel like letting my freak flag fly. I heard Larry Harvey speak last night about his vision for the Burning Man Art Festival at the Santa Cruz Burning Man Film Festival, which is to say he doesn't have one or is mostly unable to articulate it, except that he feels very protective of keeping corporate marketeers from exploiting it. There was talk about taking the ethos to the greater community but I'm wicked and I'm lazy, Ooooh, don't you wanna save me, I'm lazy when I'm lovin', I'm lazy when I play, I'm lazy with my girlfriend a thousand times a day, I'm lazy when I'm speaking, I'm lazy when I walk, I'm lazy when I'm dancin' and I'm lazy when I talk. The Irish girls (Irish filmmakers Aprile Blake and Dearbhla Glynn - "Dust Devils" )made the rockingest film, for sure (always proud of my Irish cousins). I don't have much to say about Burning
 Man anymore because what is there to say? -- it's all about participation.  I think next year I may have to make my grand entrance by skydiving into the middle of the fucking thing.

Next weekend:
 Official Burning Man Decompression set for Sunday, Oct. 12 in San Francisco

Before the playa dust has completely settled and our heads have stopped spinning, many of us gather in the months after Burning Man to "decompress" by taking one more communal plunge into the depths of what we found so affirming and memorable at Burning Man. The event goes from noon to midnight on Indiana Street and in Club Cocomo, between Mariposa and 21st Street. The cost is $10 in Black Rock Attire, $20 in street wear. Kids under 12 get in free. All ages welcome outside on Indiana Street, 21+ yrs in Cocomo. For more info, check out the website.

"Fr. M." <fmadre at free.fr> wrote:
At 16:29 05/10/2003 +0200, claudia westermann wrote:
>>Deco
>
>hmmm .. isn't this a relief ?

no, it's a joke!

>your favorite recipe, please.

In-N-Out Secret Code Words
by Sleuth
Although the menu at every In-N-Out restaurant is very small, there are
several Top Secret variations that only those in the know can order. Here
is my list of In-N-Out terms gathered by The Sleuth's Special Field Agents:

Animal Style: Burgers are cooked with mustard. Pickles, extra spread and
grilled onions are added.
Protein Style: Same as other the burgers, except that instead of a bun you
get the sandwich wrapped in lettuce.
Flying Dutchman: Two beef patties and two slices of cheese. Nothing
else...not even a bun.
2 by 4: Two beef patties and four slices of cheese.
3 by 3: Three beef patties and three slices of cheese.
4 by 4: Four beef patties and four slices of cheese.
100 by 100: Legend has it that this was ordered by a group of four
celebrating a birthday.
500 by 500: An unconfirmed order made by a fraternity.
Grilled Cheese: Hamburger without the beef patty.
Veggie Burger: Hamburger without the beef patty or cheese.
Double Meat: Double-Double without the cheese.
On the Sal: This is just lettuce and dressing. Nothing else.
Fries Well-Done: Extra crispy fries that may rival the original version.
Neopolitan Shake: A custom mixture of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry
shake flavors.
Home Run: This is when a car passes by the microphone without ordering and
cruises right up to the service window.

>+
>bonjour alors,

bonjour!

f.

information and archive: http://anart.no/~syndicate
to post to the Syndicate list:
Shake the KKnut: http://anart.no/~syndicate/KKnut
no commercial use of the texts without permission