REALTOKYO MM Vol. 148

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Oct 3 04:39:07 CEST 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____10_3_2003_Fri_vol.148_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo Initiators' Diary
Maeda Keizo (producer, Conversation) vol. 002

(2) Event Pick of the Week
Rosas: Once
by Oz

(3) Present
sora: re.sort

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 45 events
including 12 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo Initiators' Diary

Maeda Keizo (producer, Conversation) vol. 002

July 8
Concert of Yoshida Mika and Thomas Stacay (marimba & English horn)
Toppan Hall
Rain
The marimba version of Steve Reich's "Piano Phase" leaves a
lasting impression. The combination of former Steve Reich Ensemble
member Russell Hartenberger's delicately accurate sound and Yoshida
Mika's dynamic rhythm work is really nice, and I'm happy to have
the opportunity to see such a plain yet energetic performance.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/shikakenin/maeda-002.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Rosas: Once

This is a solo piece of Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker, that was
first staged in November 2002. This alone is enough to make
fans excited about the upcoming performances in Japan. The
additional information that this time the music comes from
Joan Baez might puzzle you at first, but it's not that unusual
considering the fact that the 1960s "queen of folk" was the
heroine of the young Teresa. While in other Rosas pieces the
music of Steve Reich, for example, takes the whole theatre to
another world, the songs of Baez are no doubt going to lead
the audience to the inside of the dancer. The leaking of the
information that Anne Teresa uses for this piece's soundtrack
records she was actually listening to when she was young, is
part of a smart arrangement that makes claer that the theme
of "Once" is recollection.
--Oz

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?3,895

(3) Presents

Out now is "re.sort," the new album of Plop artist sora, and
three lucky REALTOKYO readers will receive one copy each.
For a review check RT's "Book/Disk" page.

To apply and for more info see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- Out of Tokyo

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2003 REALTOKYO