Direct Action <<>> Forgiving Arnold & Voting for the Familiar + Brainwashing

Miroslav Visic visic at pipeline.com
Sat Oct 11 19:15:00 CEST 2003

Ivo Skoric wrote:

> [...]  As I said, people are overworked here. The US is a country with
> longest working
> hours and shortest vacation times in Western Hemisphere. There is
> simply no time to prepare yourself to make an educated political
> choice.

In Garment District in New York employees are not allowed even one day
vacation in the first year. In the second year they are typically entitled
for 1 (one!) week vacation. Health benefits (if any) are to begin only after
six months of employment. For comparison, in former Yugoslavia I enjoyed full
health care benefits from day one and full 5 weeks vacation on my very first
job.

I know how this was regulated in other Communist countries.  Does anyone know
if it was worse in Nazi Germany than in Garment District and other small to
medium sized businesses in the US? I think only in Zola's times the workers
were exploited and abused more than in contemporary American capitalism.

No wonder mass brainwashing is so successful. That partly explains why 50
percent of Americans still believe that Bush regime is conducting an
excellent foreign policy.