the chant of the dark wood

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Wed Oct 1 02:52:51 CEST 2003

the chant of the dark wood

0a1

102,104d102
<           system("touch .trace; rev rope >> .trace");
<           system("rm rope");
<
133c131
< print `rev .trace`, "\n\n";
---
> print `cat rope`, "\n\n";

it's dark here; turmoil & dawn of darkness; dusk of mp3 & darkness;
dark light & shadows; wandering in this dark forest with virgins; i am
listening to the 4322; the forty-three hundred & eleven; among the 472;
among the four-hundred & seventy-two; depression sets in; close to the
edge; there are stars leaped off the edge; four-hundred seventy-two edge;
i am a sick man; i am the heart of darkness; i am mp3 mp3; i am :the
universe in false demand; the conversion of truth to mp3; there are ghosts
here; i am inviolate; they are coming home; he or she is coming home; i am
within the first thousand!; Lisa Loeb; through the disordering of the
universe; on this motion i carry with me; this body is going nowhere; i
could be someone's home; sauntering. not the woods; the forest. :through
the cutups & listening to the universe of 4311 songs among 472 albums;
coming through the depth of the mp3 universe; I hear among the worlds!; I
hear among the depths of the worlds!; my own work among Alanis &
Madonna; I hear you! I hear you!; albums & songs flickering in random
sort; there's no return for weeks; of perfect speech let it be said; ::
so you wouldn't notice :: so you wouldn't notice

__