\\ LEV future - Tom's responsibilities, our responsibilities ...

integer at www.god-emil.dk integer at www.god-emil.dk
Fri Nov 28 22:44:27 CET 2003

>i have been moderating the lev list for some time now, but as i need to
>pare down, and as i have not much involvement in video, i will be
>closing down the lev list.

Tom, issues to consider:

1. Only two (2) days ago we had elucidated that LEV was the more suitable environment
   for discussion and debate of the "Cycling74 ISSUE" and the surrounding banditry,
   facilitated, encouraged and financed, directly or indirectly, by Cycling74 Inc and its employees.

   A very abrupt decision to close LEV, arriving two (2) days after our announcement,
   gives life to question marks of stature high ... people may be suspicious
   of clandestine interventions by certain INC's

   As history books teach us, Cycling74 Inc., on the very day it released Jitter,
   announced that its Internet server was hacked. The MAX forum was closed, and
   coincidentally, the MAX list archives disappeared, never to be seen again.

2. Less than one year ago, you took the helm of LEV.
   Others volunteered at the time, yet you were chosen.

   We are sympathetic that the present need to "pare down" could not
   have been anticipated, however, we feel you have the responsibility,
   to at very least locate a new administrator, and our suggestion
   is administrators, of both sexes and of multiple nationalities,
   to ensure LEV does not become yet another puppet enclave of Cycling74 INC digital bandits.

   We offer our assistance in locating qualified _persons.
   We stress the plural, for the epoch of one MAN standing before a classroom is a bit cliché,
   particularly when the realtime video software industry was lifed by women, brought to maturity
   by women, and its advances continue to be coordinated principally by women.

3. We wish to ensure that irrespective of LEV's future, the LEV archives
   will remain on line, available to all. If this isn't the case please
   contact us. The LEV archives are an important of this community's history,
   and anyone, inclusive Cycling74 INC, may not destroy this history,
   or in any way interfere with public access to this important record.

Cordially, NN

-
-
-