Uwelcome in London (and back at home)

Ivo Skoric ivo at reporters.net
Wed Nov 19 19:36:27 CET 2003

Brits for sure know to show you that you are unwelcome. Ken
Livingstone, the Mayor of London, calls Bush: "the greatest threat to
life on this planet..." Bush, during his 3-day visit to the closest
US ally, will be protected by an army of 16,000 policemen, and will
not leave armored vehicles, palaces, and pre-determined routes. It is
expected that hundreds of thousands of protesters will come out today
to the Trafalgar Square to watch toppling of his Saddam-like statue.
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/politics/story.jsp?story=464783
Ken Livingstone, the Mayor of London, launched a stinging attack on
President George Bush last night, denouncing him as the "greatest
threat to life on this planet that we've most probably ever seen".

At home Gore Vidal predicts possibility Bush 2004 victory by mere
computer manipulation:
http://www.laweekly.com/ink/03/52/features-cooper.php
Unless We Vote on Electronic Machines Is George W. Bush going to be
re-elected next year? Gore Vidal says: "No. At least if there is a
fair election, an election that is not electronic. That would be
dangerous. We don't want an election without a paper trail. The
makers of the voting machines say no one can look inside of them,
because they would reveal trade secrets. What secrets? Isn't their
job to count votes? Or do they get secret messages from Mars? Is the
cure for cancer inside the machines?
I mean, come on. And all three owners of the companies who make these
machines are donors to the Bush administration. Is this not
corruption? So Bush will probably win if the country is covered with
these balloting machines. He can't lose... If we use old-fashioned
paper ballots and have them counted in the precinct where they are
cast, he will be swept from office. He's made every error you can.
He's wrecked the economy.
Unemployment is up. People can't find jobs. Poverty is up. It's a
total mess.