REALTOKYO MM Vol. 154

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Nov 14 03:18:51 CET 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____11_14_2003_Fri_vol.154_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Out of Tokyo Vol. 074
Real-Tokyo-Estate
by Ozaki Tetsuya

(2) RealCities Vol. 024
Vladivostok International Film Festival
by Matsumaru Akiko

(3) Event Pick of the Week
Bobbings
by Andreas

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 40 events
including 10 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Out of Tokyo

Vol. 074: Real-Tokyo-Estate
by Ozaki Tetsuya

Invited to take part in a talk event that was held as part of
the "Tokyo Designers' Block - Central East" program, I took the
occasion to have a few words with Ukawa Naohiro, Sato Naoki,
Tamada Toshio, Hachiya Kazuhiko, Harada Yukiko and Higashiizumi
Ichiro. There were probably too many speakers at once, and after
introducing himself briefly, "good evening, my name is Yokoo
Tadanori" (hahaha), Ukawa Naohiro didn't get a chance to have his
say for two hours. It was a heated 4-hour discussion, though, and
Sato-san proposed a toast on this "emergent" event a cool,
anarchist attempt. Ukawa, by the way, got his revenge in the
second half of the session, where he participated actively in the
conversation.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki74.htm

(2) RealCities Vol. 024

Vladivostok International Film Festival:
Vladivostok, The New Film Capital?
by Matsumaru Akiko

During more than 100 years the world's biggest art event, the
Venice Biennale, has been held a total of 50 times now, and all
I've seen of it are the last five events. Nevertheless, during my
visit this year I felt clearly that something was different in
Venice. This year I had much more fun than at previous events,
and I left the spectacle totally satisfied. Other visitors might
disagree, but for me Venice was different this year, and I'd like
to use this occasion to tell you how and why

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/cities/0024-matsumaru.htm

(3) Event Pick of the Week

Bobbings

Bobbings is an improvisational duo made up of editor, artist,
musician, hippie and yoga master, Watanabe Sakuro, and another
multi-instrumentalist, Haruna Shusaku. Now in his late '50s,
Watanabe is producing together with his wife Etsuko the
junk/art/junk art paper TOTOTO, and as a musician live on stage
he shows the same kind of "artlessly artistic" approach that
gives TOTOTO that special note. The duo's next live performance
takes place at chanteuse Togawa Masako's chanson club "Aoi Heya,"
and with a handful of guests (reportedly including a dog named
John), it's going to be a fun concert full of spontaneity and
unpredictable events.
--Andreas

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?2,1732

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- Tokyo, 4 Weeks

- Presents

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2003 REALTOKYO