query about publishing

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Wed Nov 5 16:17:59 CET 2003

I'm writing to ask if anyone would be interested in publishing a book of
mine - any book. The last book of my work that appeared (besides .echo
which is only online publish-on-demand) was fifteen years ago, Disorders
of the Real, Station Hill Press. I've had numerous offers since then, and
every one has fallen through. I've had a couple of chapbooks out, one of
which never made it to the public. I would love to have a work that could
actually appear with an isbn number in a bookstore.

Almost all of my writing is online which doesn't preclude print in the
slightest; when my work has appeared in anthologies, it looks fine. And I
do my best (through anthologies I've edited, poetry/media series I've
helped run etc.) to support the writing community myself.

One book fifteen years ago, before my net writing or codework, seems
relatively meagre. If you're interested, you can have whatever profits
there might be (of course none), and my gratitude for your support. Please
write me back-channel; I'm embarrassed enough to inquire here.

- Alan