syndicate fire

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Thu May 8 17:14:29 CEST 2003

Finally,
Claudia's strategy seems to work.
Instead accepting Frederic Madre's critiques
about moderation, she stated him as owner of syndicate
a zear ago. Now Frederic decided
to activate his rights, he joined the 'fire guard' team
- Auriea proposed this term instead saying moderators.
We are happy to share the job, and to enjoy Frederic's
company, meanwhile we are also closely watching
what he rejects and allows on the list. Our policy
is to accept all that subscibers feel appropiate for the list.
We reject regularily only spams - they arrive now at some
20 mails/day rate. Auria and Clement sometimes allow interesting
spam as well, if they arrive first to decide about approval.

Syndicate grew steadily in the last times. We started with
372 subscribers in August 2001, but than shortly Claudia
identified some 40 email addresses that were no longer valid.
Since last year we gained some 70 new subscribers, we welcome
everybody and encourage postings on news, events, programs, projects,
reports, critiques, analyses, media and media art.
Structure of the list according to geography and domain
name is very stable, statistics follows. Subscribers list is available for
subribers, however we try to stop obtaining email addresses from the list.
Atle Barcley also changed recently all headers of the postings,
so spammers are not able to collect our email addresses
from the archives. The syndicate archives is open, it can be
consulted by anyone, it has also a reliable and well constructed
search engine. We also invite you to walk from time to time on
the dreambeach of the KKnut page at http://anart.no/~syndicate/KKnut/.

Clement Thomas is working on a new syndicate project - it's a surprise -
but he got a little bit stucked with php programming. We would ask
your help, please let us know if you know php, and would agree to
spend some hours working on a syndicate project.

Subscribers at 8 May, 2003

104 .com
48 .net
43 .org