REALTOKYO MM Vol. 122

Andreas andreas at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Mar 28 02:03:49 CET 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____3_28_2003_Fri_vol.122___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

The ONWAR campaign (http://ww.realtokyo.co.jp/english/war01.htm)
linking up websites around the world in order to create a platform
to discuss matters of war is still continuing. We invite you to
join this project with your Web site, and also to participate in
WASP (http://ww.realtokyo.co.jp/english/wasp.htm), our own
contribution to ONWAR, by sending us your works.

If you're interested please contact us at:
war at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:war at realtokyo.co.jp> or
wasp at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:wasp at realtokyo.co.jp> respectively.

[This Week's Index]

(1) Out of Tokyo
Vol. 59: This War Has Just Begun

(2) Event Pick of the Week
Space Invaders

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 54 events
including 15 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Out of Tokyo

Vol. 59: This War Has Just Begun
by Ozaki Tetsuya

The number of participants in the ONWAR campaign keeps increasing,
and the project was picked up by overseas media such as the French
"Liberation." In the meanwhile, though, the war has begun on March
20. I heard the news and felt that all efforts finally proved
fruitless, but I can't say that we came to nothing at all. At least
in RT's specialized territory of the Tokyo cultural scene, a number
of motivated anti-war events or those to 'reflect on war' are being
held recently. I'd like to introduce some of the events I managed
to catch last week.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki59.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Space Invaders

This group exhibition is a chance to have a look at works by
graduates of such renowned British institutions as Royal College
Of Art or AA School, a generation of young architects that have
begun working professionally since the 1990s in the crossover
areas represented by the likes of Klein Dytham Architecture or
FOA using completely new methods. A number of proposals for new
kinds of architecture to repaint existing images can be seen in
FAT's approach of public art, GLP's architectural ideas in
advertisements, and others. In addition to this exhibition, a
number of not exactly architecture-typical related events,
including live performances and video screenings, are also being
held, and I recommend to check those out, too.
--Uekawa Yu

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?6,274

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- RealCities

- Tokyo Visitors' Book

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2003 REALTOKYO