DN List - 26-03-2003 - 11:00

Ivo Skoric vze3c9dm at verizon.net
Fri Mar 28 01:15:22 CET 2003

Saudi Arabia is the real goal, as I believe, but you are correct it
cannot be attacked directly - besides, the regime is a US ally...

SA is a country with 2/3 of population beloiw 25. This
demographics is simply telling that in next 5-10 years we shall see
a turmoil there, a revolution, and the fall of regime. Given the wierd
SA political spectrum, the US is scared that some religious
fanatics may take over. This all reminds me so much of Dune - the
dessert planet, only there the guys in the dessert were the good
guys...

If US manages to take over Iraq, it will not need Saudi oil, so
whatever happens in SA, would not really affect US. Also, with
strong military foothold in Iraq, Israel, Kuwait and Oman, US would
have SA boxed in, vulnerable to US attack. If US captures Iraq,
Kuwait and SA together, SUV owners have nothing to fear...
(I saw a bumper sticker in NYC on one SUV: "I brake for family
falues & I kill for oil.")

I bet that's the rationale. If those pesky Arabs would just cooperate!
Come on: we are bringing them democracy, freedom, and what
else? Oh, yeah, Coca-Cola and Mc Donalds (since those
franchises will soon have to close in Europe due to the wide and
succesful popular boycott.)

Of course, this is all a speculation, and as Uri Avnery wrote, the
first casualty of war is usually the perfect war plan. Arabs will not
let them be ruled by US easily, and the US is simply not and will
never be prepared to absorb costs of such occupation, since those
may be quantitatively bigger and qualitatively more gruesome than
those associated with Vietnam war.

ivo