claudia westermann media at ezaic.de
Sun Mar 23 21:56:47 CET 2003

>He did not bode well with reports on how now over 40 countries in
>the world support Bush's war. That's COUNTRIES, not PEOPLE,
>because PEOPLE do not support this war in ANY country,
>including the U.S.

the last number I heard was around 60% support from the American population.

and there is going on some discussion about the disinformation of the
population by the media
(the New York Times reported on it yesterday as well).

>But is it true that the number of states supporting Bush's war is
>really rising so dramatically?

could not find anything about it in the German media,
and not even in the New York Times (online) ...

... possibly better switch the TV off.

-----

for a comparison:

the German magazine spiegel (online version) reports today:

at least 77 death civilians in Basra (Iraq reported).

at least 35 deaths in the Northern regions from the last night
attacks (own estimation?); BBC says: 60
Iraq says: 150

an attack of an American soldier against his leader in a camp in
Kuweit, in which 12 persons got injured

25 death American soldiers in the attacks around Nasirija (Iraq
reported, US demented: less then ten.)

Rumsfeld misses 10 American and British soldiers.

first injured American soldiers brought to Germany (inofficial number: 15)

19 death American and British soldiers in the previous losses of  helicopters

a lost British 'Tornado' (with 2 men) hit by an American 'Patriot'.

-----

(in a few years perhaps we get to know what 'in fact' happened. also
in numbers.)

claudia