the best article I've read so far

Eric Van Hove evh_transcribe at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 05:37:42 CEST 2003

You must had recieved a lot of things on US admins for now, but this is the best article I've read so far. It's up to you.

http://www.icujp.org/cgi-bin/datacgi/database.cgi?file=News&report=SingleArticle&ArticleID=0064

> [...]
> now . . . Code Orange." Every few weeks there is an
> announcement that another terrorist attack is
> imminent, and citizens are urged to take ludicrous
> measures, like sealing their windows, against
> biological and chemical attacks, and to report the
> suspicious activities of their neighbors.
>
> The Pentagon institutes the "Total Information
> Awareness" program to collect data on the ordinary
> activities of ordinary citizens (credit card
> charges, library book withdrawals, university course
> enrollments) and when this is perceived as going too
> far, they change the name to "Terrorist Information
> Awareness" and continue to do the same things.
> Millions are listed in airport security computers as
> potential terrorists, including antiwar
> demonstrators and pacifists. Critics are warned to
> "watch what they say" and lists of "traitors" are
> posted on the internet.
>
> The war in Iraq has been the most extreme
> manifestation of this new America, and almost a
> casebook study in totalitarian techniques.
>
> First, an Enemy is created by blatant lies that are
> endlessly repeated until the population believes it:
> in this case, that Iraq was linked to the attack on
> the World Trade Center, and that it possesses vast
> "weapons of mass destruction" that threaten the
> world.
>
> Then, a War of Liberation, entirely portrayed by the
> mass media in terms of our Heroic Troops, with
> little or no imagery of casualties and devastation,
> and with morale-inspiring, scripted "news" scenes--
> such as the toppling of the Saddam statue and the
> heroic "rescue" of Private Lynch-- worthy of Soviet
> cinema.
>
> Finally, as has happened with Afghanistan, very
> little news of the chaos that has followed the Great
> Victory. Instead, the propaganda machine moves on to
> a new Enemy-- this time, Iran.
>
> It is very difficult to speak of what is happening
> in America without resorting to the hyperbolic
> cliches of anti-Americanism that have lost their
> meaning after so many decades, but that have now
> finally come true.
>
> Perhaps one can only recite the facts, and I have
> mentioned only some of them here. This is, quite
> simply, the most frightening American administration
> in modern times, one that is appalling both to the
> left and to traditional conservatives. This junta is
> unabashed in its imperialist ambitions; it is
> enacting an Orwellian state of Perpetual War; it is
> dismantling, or attempting to dismantle, some of the
> most fundamental tenets of American democracy; it is
> acting without opposition within the government, and
> is operating so quickly on so many fronts that it
> has overwhelmed and exhausted any popular
> opposition.
>
> Perhaps it cannot be stopped, but the first step
> toward slowing it down is the recognition that this
> is an American government unlike any other in this
> country's history, and one for whom democracy is an

eyescratch <eyescratch at share.dj> wrote:

it seems that hollywood and elsewhere is going through a stage of fear
for the nation. the union. conflict resolution on the pop stage. what
IS the american psyche? sure-di-dur-di global. or is that everybody
else in the conduit?

making a password a painless experience, the touch-pad yields.

So what I think is missing here is gang capitalism 101. Anyone want to
enlighten the masses with a how to manual for bending the rules so that
your culture will be heard?

aren't we opening a snoop hole with all these with spam filters?

I ain't gonna study war no more. - MLK

On Friday I saw Max. A quirky movie with the young Hitler, artist cum
laude. In the last year or so we've seen many comparisons of political
leaders to Hitler. Be it tactics or views, they seem to bubble up when
politicians fail us and the world.

We witness the injection of race into the discourse on Iraq with the
new class of detainees here in the United States of men who are of "the
region".

Rhizome's fame for a price strategy has it's pitfalls.

let a sheik run the net on time, purported as the message by some.

grrr. bunk.

information and archive: http://anart.no/~syndicate
to post to the Syndicate list:
Shake the KKnut: http://anart.no/~syndicate/KKnut
no commercial use of the texts without permission

Eric Van Hove  - tempter - www.transcri.be

"The fact that I exist shows that this world have no meaning."
  - Cioran