[SCCA] Strategies of presentation 3: Tadej Pogacar

SCCA-Ljubljana scca at mail.ljudmila.org
Fri Jun 6 15:10:14 CEST 2003

WORLD OF ART
A series of lectures: Strategies of presentation 3

Tadej Pogacar: …As a soft slap on the hotly desired face of capital…

Kapelica Gallery, Kersnikova 4
Monday, 9th June at 8 pm

The final lecture in the spring part of the series of lectures of the
World of Art program will deal with the issues of global economy, which
today with its mechanisms and levers represents a basic and all-
encompassing ideological field. Global organisations and corporative
multinational organisations preach a global democratic market, while in
fact they are really establishing a state of new colonialism and
dependencies.

During the last few years the actions of the P.A.R.A.S.I.T.E. Museum of
Contemporary Art started to focus on the research of the micro-social
and micro-cultural environments, at which it uses specific operation
strategies and various tactics of connecting. From the mid 1990's we
can follow a more decisive entry of the Museum into the public urban
space and an increased interest for parallel, alternative cultural and
economic (the economy of isolated, ghettoised groups and communities,
street economy, etc.) models. The long lasting project CODE:RED
presents a model of cognitive and physical occupation of territories
which offer sexual workers, a group of the most marginalized and
unprivileged groups in the urban environment, the possibility to talk
and be seen in a new context.

The lecture will be held by Tadej Pogacar, the director of the
P.A.R.A.S.I.T.E. Museum of Contemporary Art, artist, founder and
artistic head of the artistic program at the P 74 Gallery in Ljubljana.

Entrance free of charge.

You are cordially invited.

Contact: Sasa Glavan
SCCA, Center for contemporary arts-Ljubljana
www.ljudmila.org/scca
phone.: 01 431 83 85
fax: 01 430 06 29

The series of lectures are prepared in co-operation with the Kapelica
Gallery and the Nova Gorica Town Gallery.

The World of Art program is supported by the restaurant Carli.