IALA Gallery - MTAA Postcard Art show

Patrick Lichty voyd at voyd.com
Sat Jul 26 06:28:33 CEST 2003

Press Release
MTAA Postcard Art Show @ IALA Gallery, Baton Rouge.

August 15 - Oct.. 15, 2003

Press Contact:

Contact Information:

Patrick Lichty

Director, IALA Gallery

355 Seyburn Drive

Baton Rouge, LA 70808

USA

(phone number upon request)

10 AM - 4 PM US CST Weekdays, viewings by appointment

voyd at voyd.com

IALA gallery is proud to present conceptual artists Whid and River in their presentation of their postcard art exhibition.   This is a variation of the installation recently seen in New York's New York's 31 Grand and Rome Art galleries, and we are pleased to have the opportunity to install this work. Visitors are invited to view and interact with the MTAA postcard art installation, which is unique in Baton Rouge's history.  IALA gallery recently received this work, which will be given its site-specific installation in our space, and we are excited to be able to present this form of conceptual abstraction to the Baton Rouge and Southern Louisiana public.

ABOUT MTAA
Whid and River (AKA MTAA) are leading edge conceptualists in the rising genre of technological/new media art.  Their most contemporary and historically-informed works expand the critical issues relating to the nature of art in the technological age, and especially after the rise of the Internet.  Their physical and virtual works are widely shown, and have been featured at numerous venues, including the Whitney Museum of American Art and the Walker Art Center.

ABOUT IALA

IALA is a private not-for-profit gallery run by curator and owner Patrick Lichty, which promotes the works of experimental and new media artists through our ongoing exhibitions.  Within our permanent collection are works from numerous contemporary and electronic artists, including Peggy Ahwesh, Amy Alexander, MTAA, Roman Verostko, Simon Biggs, Igor Vamos, Yael Kanarek, Barbara Lattanzi, Nancy Buchanan, Melanie Crean, BOME, Guillermo Gomez-Pena, Larry Miller, RTMark, Jack Ox, Noriko Meguro, The YesMen, Patrick Lichty, Paul Vanouse, and Diamanda Galas only to name a few.